Discover, issued mainly in the United States, is a popular credit card choice with many consumers. There are numerous benefits to owning and using a credit card from Discover. A time may come when you need to report your card as lost or stolen. There are some issues to consider before you do so. When you're sure you're ready to report your Discover credit card as lost or stolen, this process can be completed in a few steps. If you need help with this process, reach out to Discover.
It's understandable that reporting it is the first thing you want to do when you think your credit card is lost or stolen. However, it's important to take a few points into consideration before you actually take the steps to report it.
1. You may have left your credit card at the last place you used it, so check your pending transactions to help you figure out where that was.
2. Contact the merchant associated with that transaction to determine if you simply left the card with them.
3. If you still can't locate your credit card, freeze your account before you report it lost or stolen.
If you have any questions, contact Discover.
When you're sure you need to report your credit card as lost or stolen, you can easily accomplish this by taking a few simple steps.
1. Go to the Discover website.
2. Log in using the username and password associated with your account.
3. Once you're on the Home Page, you need to click the link Report Lost or Stolen Card.
4. This will get you to where you need to be to report your card lost or stolen. Make sure you are able to verify your identity by having on hand the following information: your name, address, phone number, and the credit card number associated with your card.
If you require assistance, reach out to Discover.
After thousands of Discover customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Report My Discover Credit Card Lost or Stolen? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Discover if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Discover in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Report My Discover Credit Card Lost or Stolen? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
After helping consumers for 10 years, we realized that you need an impartial, live person you can talk to about comparing the various TV, cable, Internet and phone plans in your area- somebody who can compare the best deals across telecom providers. So we created a free concierge service you can call at the phone number below.Call Toll-Free: 888-379-2546Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers