Most Dropbox subscriptions are non-refundable. However, you may file for a refund if you feel that you were charged unfairly. The customer support team is supportive. They may help you find a solution.
Requesting a Refund from the Apple App Store
If you bought your Dropbox subscription from the Apple app store, you should request a refund from Apple. You can do it by following these steps;
1. Sign in to your account
2. Click on the option 'Report a Problem'
3. Choose the problem you wish to report and write a description of it
4. Click 'Submit'
5. After submitting your request, Apple will contact you and give you a decision on your refund request. Apple does not accept refund requests if you do not make them within the final 90 days.
Requesting a Refund from Google Play
If you bought your subscription from Google Play, you must request your refund from Google. Follow these instructions to request a refund from Google;
1. Navigate to your Google Play account
2. Click 'More' under 'Order History
3. Click 'Request a refund' or 'Report a problem'
4. Choose the problem you want to report and write a description of it
5. Click 'Submit'
6. Google will contact you with a decision within two business days
Requesting a Direct Debit Refund
If you paid for your subscription with a direct debit payment, you should contact your bank and request a refund. Your bank will help you process a chargeback request. When you submit a chargeback request, your Dropbox subscription will be downgraded to Dropbox Basic plan. Your team will be locked if you have a Dropbox business subscription. If you are the admin, you may disband the team or subscribe again.
If you live in Turkey or the E.U, you are eligible for a refund within 14 days of purchase. You may get your refund if you cancel your Professional or Dropbox Plus subscription.
Contact the customer support team and provide them with information such as your country of residence, email, and your refund request.
Canceling Your Subscription
If you wish to cancel or downgrade your subscription, the process depends on the type of subscription you have.
Dropbox Plus or Professional Accounts
1. Log in to Dropbox with the account you hope to cancel
2. Tap on your profile picture or the grey circle at the top right
3. Click 'Settings'
4. Click on the 'Plan' tab
5. Click 'Cancel plan'
6. Click on the option 'I still want to downgrade
7. Select the reason you wish to cancel
8. Scroll down and then tap on the option 'I still want to downgrade
9. You will get an email confirmation when your account is canceled
10. At the end of your billing cycle, your account will be downgraded to basic.
Canceling Your Dropbox Business Account
1. Use your admin account to log in to Dropbox
2. Click on 'Admin Console
3. Tap on the option 'Billing'
4. Click 'Cancel plan'
5. Select the reason you are canceling
6. Click 'Continue with cancellation'
7. Check all boxes as confirmation that you understand the consequences of canceling
8. Click 'Complete cancelation'
If you have a team that was created before February 2018, it will become a free team when your billing cycle ends. If your team was created after February 2018, your team will go into a locked state and you will no longer be able to access your files. You may disband the team or upgrade the subscription
If you need any help with your Dropbox refunds, you may get help from the customer support team.