Easyjet makes it easy to request special services or wheelchair access. Their goal is to ensure that all customers enjoy comfortable travels. If your mobility is reduced or impaired, you can get assistance upon request.
You should make your request for special assistance when making your booking. Add it as part of your passenger details. If you have already made your booking, you may request special assistance in the following ways;
1. Log in to the Easyjet site and add your requirements under the 'Manage your Bookings' section
2. You may contact the Special Assistance team on the phone. They will need your booking reference
3. Send an email to Easyjet Special Assistance using the subject 'Special Assistance Request.' You should try to send the email at least 14 days before the date of departure.
You have to make your request for special assistance at least 48 hours before your scheduled departure time.
The Type of Assistance You May Receive
Airports offer different arrival and departure services. The services you enjoy at one airport may not be available in the next one. Learning the services offered by different airports makes it easy to get the help you need. Some of the most common assistance includes;
1. Taking you to a meeting point at the airport
2. Helping you get from a meeting point within the airport
3. Retrieving your luggage and mobility equipment
4. Helping you get off the plane when landing
5. Helping you get on board and onto your seat
How to Make Special Requests or Wheelchair Access
You can only get special assistance or wheelchair access if you let Easyjet know about your problem.
Once they know the help you need, they will pass the information to the relevant airport. Notify EasyJet about your need for special assistance as soon as possible. Some of the most important details to have when making your request include;
1. Your full name as it appears on your booking
2. Your Booking Reference
3. The date and destination of your flight
Once you let Easyjet know about your problem, they will help you choose the right seat to suit your needs. You don't have to pay anything for the service. They will notify you about the existing restrictions if you want to choose your own seat.
Extra Hold Allowance
You are allowed to bring two mobility equipment items in addition to your hold luggage. Some of the equipment may include;
1. Walking frames
3. Electric mobility aid
4. Wheelchairs or sports wheelchairs
5. Shower seat
You need to pay a hold luggage allowance if you need more than two mobility equipment.
Traveling with a Companion
If you wish to travel with a companion, they must be at least 16 years old and capable of helping you in times of emergency. You may travel with a companion under the following circumstances;
1. If you can't understand the safety briefing
2. If you can't put an oxygen mask on
3. If you have trouble using the toilet without help
4. If you need help fastening or unfastening your seat belt
5. If you can't leave your seat and get to an emergency exit
If you are asked to travel with a companion, you are guaranteed that their seat will be the same price as yours. If you don't bring them, you may not be allowed to travel.
The best way to contact Easyjet if you need help is on the phone. The representative will help you get the assistance you need. You may also get support on live chat, email, or the help desk.