According to Electric Arts, all passwords must have at least eight but not more than 16 characters. It must include at least one uppercase letter, one lower case letter, and a number.
You are advised to use a password that is strong, unique, and easy to remember. Unfortunately, that is not always possible, if you forgot your Electronics Arts password, you can reset it using the password reset code. Follow these steps to change your password.
1. Go to the website and log in to your account
2. Click on the option 'My Account' and then on 'Privacy Settings'
3. Click on the option 'security,' 'Edit,' and then 'Account Security'
4. Answer your security question or enter the login verification code to confirm your identity
5. Click on the option 'save'
6. Reset your password
7. Reset your security question
If you do not receive the password reset email from EA, there may be a problem. The following are some of the most common reasons why you may not have received the email. They include the following;
1. The mail was probably marked as spam. To confirm that that is not the problem, check all your folders
2. Someone may have compromised your account and changed your email address.
3. The mail may have been marked as spam and EA filtered. If that is the case, you won't receive the mail at all
4. You may have an old email in your account and may be checking the wrong inbox.
If you realize that you have any of the above problems, you should reach out to a representative and ask for help. They will help you deal with the problem and you can update your email address later on.
You may also seek help from the support team if you did not receive a verifying email after creating a new account.
Login Verification for Extra Security
Login verification improves the security of your home. You will receive a code to verify your identity every time a new device tries to log in to your account.
You may need to provide a verification code every time you log in to your EA account. You must provide the code whenever you try to change your account info. The code may be sent to you through email, call, or on the text. Having more than one method of receiving the code ensures that you have options every time you log in.
The verification code is used along with your password to confirm that it's you every time you attempt to access your account from a new device. It is impossible to log in if you do not have both your password and code.
Turning on Login Verification
You should navigate to security settings when trying to turn on login verification. Follow these steps to complete the process;
1. Click on the option 'Accounts' from EA help
2. Click 'Account Security'
3. Log in to your EA account, open 'My Account' and then 'Security page if you need to
4. Under the 'Login Verification' section, click 'Turn On'
5. You will receive a code through the method you chose. You can use it to activate Login Verification.
If you do not receive the password reset code, there are plenty of ways to contact Electronic Arts. If you wish to speak directly with a representative, you should contact them on the phone. You may also seek support on the helpdesk. There are plenty of tips, suggestions, and reminders that may help you. Electronic Arts does not offer support on Twitter, Facebook messenger, or Live Chat.
After thousands of Electronic Arts customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What Do I Do If I Can't Receive the Password Reset Code from Electronic Arts (Ea) to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Electronic Arts if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Electronic Arts in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What Do I Do If I Can't Receive the Password Reset Code from Electronic Arts (Ea) guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.