What's Covered by My Esurance Policy?
There are many insurance policies you can choose from when choosing an insurance policy to cover your car, but don't forget that all policies are not the same since they differ in level and type of coverage. Understanding what is covered by your insurance policy will help you when comparing policies and making sure you are getting the right policy for you.
Your assets are part of your life journey, so protecting your future is just as crucial as acquiring them. If you do not get the right advice or if your assets are not covered correctly, you may waste money and even risk financial ruin.
When deciding which policy is best for your car you will find there are many to choose from. But keep in mind that all policies are not the same, since they vary in the level and type of cover available.
What's Covered By My Esurance Car Policy?
A comprehensive policy will cover your vehicle for any other circumstance in addition to the standard collision like a falling tree, hail, your car catching fire, or getting stolen. The main features included in the policy are outlined below.
- Emergency roadside assistance coverage: Towing and labor coverage, also known as emergency roadside assistance, helps you when you are stranded. Issues like flat tires, running out of gas are all covered by emergency roadside assistance up to $75 per incident.
- Rental car coverage: You can add rental car coverage to your insurance policy if your insured vehicle is in the shop or unavailable due to an accident. CarMatch Rental Coverage® offers coverage for rental cars comparable in size and body type to your regular ride in certain states.
- Lease gap coverage: It pays off your loan if you total your car and owe more than the car is worth if you purchase loan/lease gap coverage. You could receive up to 25% more than your car's actual cash value if you opt for this coverage.
- Medical payments coverage: In an auto accident, medical payments coverage provides compensation for your medical bills and those of any passengers you have.
- Personal injury protection coverage: Medical expenses are covered by personal injury protection no matter who's at fault in an accident.
- Bodily injury liability coverage: Let's say you rear-end another vehicle at a stoplight. The other driver suffers injuries. You're responsible for their treatment, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Would you like to pay those bills? Probably not. That's why you have bodily injury coverage.
- Property damage liability coverage: In the event that you crash into someone's property and cause damage to their house or car when you're driving, you are liable to fix it. This form of coverage will have you covered in the event of this happening and assist by paying for the repairs.
Other Insurance Types
Esurance not only offers comprehensive car insurance but also renters insurance, homeowners insurance, motorcycle insurance, the best part is that they offer you the option to bundle your insurance with them to get even bigger monthly savings.
- Renters Insurance: In case of an incident, like a fire, burglary, or if someone is injured in your apartment, renters insurance can help cover your property.
- Homeowner Insurance: You will be covered for when anything bad occurs in your house. Some examples of these could be lighting, storm damage, gas explosions, theft, and damage caused by vandalism.
- Motorcycle Insurance: You never know when you might have an accident or if your bike gets damaged by a wayward branch or a nasty hail storm.
To help you make the right decision you can contact one of our knowledgeable and friendly customer service representatives who are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have and to assist you in obtaining a fast quote.
Why Did GetHuman Write "What's Covered by My Esurance Policy?"?
After thousands of Esurance customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What's Covered by My Esurance Policy? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Esurance if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Esurance Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Esurance in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What's Covered by My Esurance Policy? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.