Renting a car through Expedia saves you the hustle of looking for taxis or having to use a hectic public transportation system. You can rent a car through Expedia when you are traveling to a place that is far from your home and when you want to experience the view of a new place on your terms. A rental car is convenient because you can use it when you want and you will travel on your own rules. Hiring a rental car is also good for you when you want to travel with your family or friends comfortably.
When you're looking to rent a car through Expedia, you can select the car that suits your budget and the car which you think will give you the most comfort. You can either book a car through Expedia online or by calling Expedia. You have the choice to pay immediately when you book a car with Expedia or to pay later. If you wish to change or cancel a car rental through Expedia, you should do so six hours before the pickup time.
Whether you will be refunded after you cancel a rental car that you had booked with Expedia depends on whether the car that you had booked is eligible for refunds. You should, therefore, check whether the car you are booking gives refunds before renting it. You will not get refunded for returning a rental car before the return date. If you want to extend the duration of a car with Expedia, you can follow the guidelines given below.
How to Extend Your Rental Car via Expedia
If you are looking to extend the duration that you can stay with a rental car through Expedia, you can follow the guidelines given in this article or contact the customer service at Expedia. Here is how you can go about extending your Expedia rental car;
1. You can not change the reservations that you have on a car but you can cancel the car that you are currently using and then add a different car to your itinerary
2. To do this, you will need your Expedia username
3. Have your password
4. Open the Expedia app
5. Log in to your Expedia account using your username and password
6. Click on "trips"
7. Select the car card that you want to modify on the trips list
8. Open "additional information" on the booking info section
9. You will see a web view of your booking
10. Open the rental car overview section
11. Select "cancel this reservation"
12. Click on the yellow button to confirm that you want to cancel this car reservation
13. If you are unable to do this, contact the Expedia customer support.
To book another rental car on Expedia, you can call Expedia or book the car online, when you book a car through Expedia, you can pay immediately or later. Here is how you book a rental car online on Expedia;
1. Have your username and password for your Expedia account
2. Open the Expedia website
3. Click on " account" on the top of the account
4. Click on "sign-in" and sign in to your account using your username and password.
5. You can also sign in using your Facebook or Google accounts.
6. Once you sign in select the type of travel that you want. In this case select car
7. Type your destination at the "going to"
8. Fill your check-in and check-out dates
9. Enter the number of passengers that you will have in the car
10. Click on "search"
11. You can filter the results on the new page you will be directed to.
12. Select the choice that you want
13. Enter your payment information on the secure page that you will be redirected to
14. You have the option of redeeming your Expedia points
15. Click on "complete booking"
16. Expedia will send you an email to confirm your booking
After thousands of Expedia customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Extend My Car Rental Via Expedia? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Expedia if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Expedia in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Extend My Car Rental Via Expedia? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies