Experian is an American credit reporting company that operates globally. The company collects data from over a billion individuals including 235 million members of the US population.
Experian collects data from individuals from multiple sources and uses the data to come up with comprehensive credit reports. Experian then charges customers for the credit reports which have many applications including getting personal loans and financing for businesses.
Mistakes do happen from time to time and occasionally you can find a mistake with the information on your credit report. In such a scenario you are obligated and compelled by Federal law to file a dispute about the inaccurate information on your credit report.
Viewing and disputing your Experian credit report is easiest done online through Experian's dispute center. You can correct a flaw in your Experian credit report using the following process:
1. Start a fresh dispute from the dispute center. The dispute center has information and tools to help you understand the dispute process. All you have to do is click the 'Start a new dispute' tab to review your credit report and pick the item you want to dispute.
2. Evaluate your report. Your report is categorized into four sections namely: Personal Information, Accounts, Inquiries and Public Records. Each section contains descriptive details and you can click the dispute button for a specific if the details are wrong.
3. Choose a reason for your dispute. There is a drop down list with reasons for disputing the credit report and details about the reason. You can explain the reason in the comments if there is none in the list.
4. Evaluate the items you have included in your dispute request and either add or omit details. You can also provide documents supporting your dispute. Once you are done click 'Submit' and await a response from Experian.
You can dispute credit report information from Experian through their website by following these steps:
1. Launch your web browser and open the Experian website
2. Log in to your account
3. Go to the Experian help page
4. Locate and click the 'Disputes' tab
5. Click 'Start a new dispute online' and follow the prompts to filling the dispute form
6. When finished click 'Submit'
You can send Experian a letter to their corporate headquarters and dispute information on your Experian credit report. It is one of the slowest but surest methods to use.
Do not send mail unless all the other options have been exhausted or the correction is not urgent. You can find the address on their website.
Calling the Experian customer care phone number is the best way to dispute inaccurate information on your credit report. You will not only get to speak to a Experian customer service agent who will review your request with you on the line but you will also get immediate feedback about your request.
The hold time on the line is about 20 minutes and the line is available on weekdays from 8am to 5pm EST. you can obtain the number from GetHuman.
Sending an email is another great option for disputing a credit report from Experian. Their email support address is always active and can reply to your email at any time of day or night.
However, it is slower than making a call and they usually reply to an email in about 38 hours. An email does afford you a lot of space to address the incorrect information on your credit report.
You can retrieve the email address from GetHuman.
The Experian online help desk is a surprisingly quick way to dispute information on a credit report from the website. The issue is typically fixed in 3 hours which makes the help desk only second to the phone number.
You can find the help desk's address on GetHuman.
After thousands of Experian customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Dispute Credit Report Information with Experian? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Experian if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Experian in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Dispute Credit Report Information with Experian? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
We created a free, impartial concierge you can speak to right now that can compare TV, cable, phone, and Internet deals in your area. Are you already getting the best deal? Call now and talk to a real, live person who can tell you what promotions you are missing out on.Talk to Us Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies