When you are spending time on Facebook, you want to feel safe there. You want to be able to trust the friends you add, and you want your friends to be able to trust you. If you find out that someone is pretending to be you and interacting with your friends in your place, you have to report them. You have to put a stop to the games of the one who is impersonating you.
Putting a Stop to the Impersonating Individual as a Facebook User
If you use Facebook, yourself, and you have an account set up, it should be easy for you to report the one who is impersonating you. Here are the steps that will help you do that:
1. The first thing that you need to do is log on to the Facebook website and sign in to your account.
2. Find the profile of the person who is impersonating you. You should be able to search for this individual, or, if they have attempted to add one of your friends on Facebook, you can have that friend send you a link to the profile.
3. Click on the three little dots that are at the top of that person's profile, on their cover photo, and then click "Give feedback or report this profile"
4. Follow the instructions that follow to report the one who is impersonating you and causing you trouble, letting Facebook know what that person is up to and why you do not want them doing what they are doing.
Putting a Stop to the Impersonating Individual Without Having Your Own Facebook Profile
You might not have set up a Facebook profile for yourself but you might have still found out that someone out there is trying to impersonate you. If a friend tells you that there is someone online who is pretending to be you, you can take steps to stop that person, even without having your own Facebook profile.
1. Head over to this page and go through the process that Facebook has set up for you to report the one impersonating you.
After thousands of Facebook customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I report someone that is impersonating me on Facebook? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Facebook if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Facebook in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I report someone that is impersonating me on Facebook? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies