How do I report that something isn't working on Facebook?
With so many different features, it's not uncommon to log into Facebook and realize that something isn't working. Don't worry, we've worked through a lot of common issues, all covered in this post.
If you have encountered any problem or bug while using any of Facebook's features, you can easily report it so that the issue can be addressed within the shortest time possible. Issues that you can report range from abusive content, something not working properly, or general feedback.
Facebook says that reports from its users help the engineers identify and fix problems hence improving the overall user experience. Reporting any issues whenever they happen make Facebook a better place for everyone.
So, how do you report a problem on Facebook? Let us learn about it.
Reporting a Problem Using a Computer
Follow the following simple steps to report a problem using a computer:
- Go to Facebook's official website using your preferred web browser on your computer
- Log in using your registered email/phone number and the correct password
- Open the "report a problem window." To do this, click the down arrow that appears on the rightmost part of your page header. Click on the "Report a Problem" feature from the drop-down menu that appears. A small window will pop up where you need to enter details about the issue.
- From the window that pops up, you need to select the problem type. The three types of problems listed are; General Feedback, Abusive content, and Something Isn't Working.
- Depending on the problem type that you choose, you may be requested to provide supporting data. Make sure that you fill up the form with as much information as you can to help Facebook resolve the issue as soon as possible.
- Once you have filled the form and you are satisfied, click on the "Send' button to submit the report to Facebook.
Reporting a Facebook Problem Using the Facebook Mobile App
Follow these simple steps to report a Facebook problem using the Facebook mobile app:
- Launch the Facebook app on your mobile phone. The Facebook app is the app with the Facebook logo. Simply tap on the app to launch it.
- Tap on the menu button on the rightmost part of the header and a drop-down menu will pop up. Scroll down to the Help & Support section and click it. A drop-down sub-menu appears with several options.
- Click on the "Report a Problem" and select the type of problem that you want to report from the pop-up window that appears. The three types of issues indicated are; General Feedback, Something Isn't Working, and Abusive Content
- Provide all the supporting data in the form that appears after you click on the type of problem that you want to report to help Facebook resolve the issue as soon as possible.
- Once you have filled out everything and you are convinced that you have provided sufficient information about the problem, click on the "Send" button to submit the report.
What Happens When You Report a Problem on Facebook?
Once you have submitted your report a problem form, Facebook engineers will receive the report and take time to review it. If you had included everything in your report, it would only take a few days for the problem to be resolved.
However, if the review team deems your information as insufficient, Facebook will reach out for more information to help the engineers resolve the issue. If the Facebook Support inbox status for a problem you reported says it is resolved, but you are still experiencing the same problem, be sure to report it again with detailed information.
You can even attach supporting screenshots if you have them. Just keep in mind that if you see something, say something. Reporting problems make Facebook a better place for everyone.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How do I report that something isn't working on Facebook?"?
After thousands of Facebook customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I report that something isn't working on Facebook? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Facebook if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Facebook Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Facebook in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I report that something isn't working on Facebook? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked 4 months ago
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
I somehow deleted my emojis. The little lines with smiles and hands. I used them all th...
My business Facebook fan page has been hacked and the hacker has been spamming the page...
having problem converting my personal facebook account into page.*showing This message...
Why can't me and wife talk on Facebook her name is deonna Dominguez
Hello, I cannot access this groupe page on Facebook:*https:**m.facebook.com*groups...