So you wanted to see a movie and bought tickets on the Fandango website, right? However, maybe you changed your mind, and that movie no longer suits or your taste. Or, maybe you would like a refund for some other reason. Perhaps you'd like to exchange your tickets for other tickets on Fandango. Is this possible?
Well, you are in luck, my friend! This guide is going to assist you with getting a refund or exchange from Fandango. We will explore what is possible on the Fandango platform and also detail the steps you should take to make either of those things happen.
Fandango, of course, is a digital platform that serves greater than 67 million users per month around the world. It provides movie tickets to more than 45,000 screens around the world. It also provides users with tremendous movie information. Fandango also consists of a video-on-demand service called FandangoNOW. This service offers TV shows and movies to more than 200 million connected devices around the world.
Great! Now you know what Fandango is and can confirm you are in the right place. Are you ready to begin? Excellent! Let's go:
1. Fandango does allow you to refund or exchange your entire order before the show's start time. Partial refunds, however, are not available.
2. This applies to Fandango along with its other properties: Flixster and MovieTickets.com.
3. The Fandango convenience fee cannot be refunded, unfortunately. With an exchange, this does not matter. The convenience fee is simply transferred over to your other Fandango selection.
4. With an exchange, you can recoup the value of your ticket and the convenience fee as a "store credit" on Fandango that can be used for a future purchase on Flixster, MovieTickets.com, or on Fandango itself in the future.
5. When receiving a refund, the refund will be credited back to your original payment method. Again, the convenience fee is non-refundable.
6. If you used a promotional code at the time of the purchase, the amount used from the code is not able to be refunded or exchanged, unfortunately.
7. To start the process, simply head on over to the Fandango website and click on "My VIP Account" in the upper right-hand corner of the home page.
8. Login to your account with your Fandango VIP username and password.
9. Next, click on "Manage VIP Account". You will see it there in the list of options that you can select.
10. After that, click on "Purchase History".
11. When you see the tickets you would like to process a refund or exchange for, click the "can't make the show" link next to it.
12. Select whether you would like either an exchange or refund and click "Continue". Then click "Complete". That's it!
13. If you need more help with this process, please click here for our Fandango support page. We will put you directly in touch with a human at Fandango who can help you.
After thousands of Fandango customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Get a Refund or Exchange from Fandango? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Fandango if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Fandango in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Get a Refund or Exchange from Fandango? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.