What's Covered by My Farmer's Insurance Policy?
Farmers Insurance offers a full line of auto insurance policies for you to choose from or you can bundle them together if you want fully comprehensive insurance. They will automatically cover the minimum requirements of your state in the policy.
The minimum car insurance coverage required by your state will be included in your Farmers Insurance policy automatically. While minimum car insurance requirements vary by state you will most likely need some sort of combination of the below:
- Liability insurance
- Personal injury protection (PIP)
- Uninsured and underinsured vehicle coverage
What Farmers Insurance Covers
Farmers Insurance has a wide variety of auto insurance policies to suit your need. If you want full coverage, they will bundle all of the policies together for you. Full coverage is not a type of insurance policy, but rather a combination of coverage types such as liability, comprehensive, and collision.
The following coverage is offered by Farmers Insurance policies:
- Liability Insurance cover: In the event that you cause bodily injury to another or property damage to someone else, your liability insurance coverage will pay for it. This includes the following two types of liabilities:
Comprehensive cover: If you are hit by hail, your windshield cracks or dents appear on the body of your car comprehensive coverage will protect you.Collision cover: When an accident involves only your vehicle, such as when you lose control of it and hit a barrier, collision coverage will cover you for repairs to your vehicle or reimburse you for its value if it is a total loss.Uninsured motorist cover: If you get hit by an uninsured driver uninsured motorist coverage pays for your bodily injuries. Underinsured motorist coverage pays for your injuries if the at-fault driver does have insurance.Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments coverage will assist with the medical expenses of an accident regardless of who was at fault.Personal Injury Protection (PIP): In the event of an injury, Personal Injury Protection (PIP), where available, provides assistance with medical and rehabilitation costs, as well as lost wages.
- Bodily injury liability cover: If you crash into another vehicle, you are responsible for the treatment, lost wages, and pain of the other driver. Accordingly, bodily injury liability coverage covers those costs.
- Property damage liability coverage: If you damage someone's house or car while driving, you are responsible. With this type of coverage, your property will be covered, and the repairs will be paid for if you cause damage.
Other Insurance Options Offered by Farmers Insurance
If you purchase multiple policies from Farmers, you may be able to save money and get more convenience. Ask your Farmers agent about policies that cover risks like these and whether you can even receive multiline discounts.
- Homeowner Insurance: Homeowner's insurance provides coverage for damage to your home caused by accidents.
- Life Insurance: Should something unexpected happen to you, life insurance could help your family cope with the financial pressure.
- Personal Umbrella Insurance: In the event of a covered loss exceeding the liability limits of your existing home or automobile policy, a personal umbrella policy from Farmers provides additional liability protection.
- Business Property Insurance: Structures you own can be damaged by a covered loss if you have business property insurance.
Whenever you have a question about your policy, you can contact Farmer's friendly and knowledgeable customer service representatives, who are available to assist you on your way to making the right choice.
Why Did GetHuman Write "What's Covered by My Farmer's Insurance Policy?"?
After thousands of Farmer's Insurance customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What's Covered by My Farmer's Insurance Policy? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Farmer's Insurance if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Farmer's Insurance Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Farmer's Insurance in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What's Covered by My Farmer's Insurance Policy? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.