How Do I Do If I'm Having Problems with My Fitbit App?
If you are having any issues with your Fitbit device or app, here are some helpful tips to assist you.
We cannot deny the fact that fitness trackers such as Fitbit are essential in our daily lives. Most of them can track your heart rate, distance covered while walking, the number of calories your body burns, and the quality of your sleep.
This information can help you avoid developing common diseases such as cardiovascular disease and heart diseases. But, what happens when your fitness tracker stops working properly.
If you own any Fitbit device and depend on the Fitbit app to track your fitness, you may have experienced a problem or two while using your app. If you are having any issues with your Fitbit device or app, we are here to help you. Here are some of the common Fitbit app problems and how to fix them.
Your Fitbit tracker must sync with your Android device via Bluetooth, but it can sometimes fail. If you encounter problems while trying to sync your Fitbit app to your device, the solution could be in your settings menu:
- Make sure that your Fitbit app is installed properly on your device and ensure that your Bluetooth is turned on (Go to settings> Bluetooth> switch ON).
- Check to ensure that the "Always Connected" option in your Fitbit app is also on. To accomplish this, open your Fitbit app and click/tap on "Account" option. Proceed to choose your Fitbit tracker, scroll down and turn on the "Always Connected" option.
- Make sure that the "All-Day" sync option in your Fitbit app is on. To accomplish this, open your Fitbit app, select "Account," select your tracker then proceed to turn on the "All-Day Sync" toggle.
- If your smartphone is running Android 6.0 or later, you need to manually grant Fitbit app permission to scan for all available Bluetooth devices. Go to your phone's "Settings" then select the "Apps & Notifications" option. Proceed to choose the Fitbit app, and then click on "Permissions." Once you enter the "Permissions" menu, be sure to turn the location permission on. You should also make sure that your smartphone's location services are turned on. Navigate to the "Settings" menu then "Security & Location" and ensure that the "Location" option is turned on.
If everything is okay and you still cannot sync your Fitbit app with your device, you need to restart the app. To do so, go to "Settings", select "Apps" then"Fitbit," and tap on "Force Stop." If you try everything and nothing seems to work, be sure to contact Fitbit for further assistance.
App Not Updating Properly
Sometimes, you may also encounter issues while trying to update your Fitbit app. If this happens, try to restart your tracker or sync with another computer or mobile device. Other solutions to this problem include:
- Restart your device and try to update your Fitbit app again. If it is still not working, you need to try something different.
- If you are trying to synchronize your Fitbit with your mobile device, try to turn off the Bluetooth connection and turn it on again. To go this, navigate to your "Bluetooth" settings and find your Fitbit device then proceed to choose the "Forget" option.
- You should also try to update your Fitbit via another computer or mobile device and see if it updates properly. To do this, log into your Fitbit account and try to update your firmware from the website. If you still encounter problems, go ahead and remove your Fitbit device from your Account. If you are using a phone, go to Account> Choose your Fitbit device> Remove this device.
- If you are on the site, sign into your Fitbit Account, and then click on the settings icon located on the right of your screen. Click/tap onsettings>devices>Choose the device you want to remove> remove this device. The next thing you need to do is to add your Fitbit tracker back to your Fitbit account under the"Account" section of your app.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Do If I'm Having Problems with My Fitbit App?"?
After thousands of Fitbit customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Do If I'm Having Problems with My Fitbit App? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Fitbit if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Fitbit Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Fitbit in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Do If I'm Having Problems with My Fitbit App? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.