Fitbit's are great but as with any technology, they can break. Follow this guide to get the device support that you need to get your Fitbit back working as fast as possible.
Fitbit trackers have become common in the fitness world. You can easily use them to track your quality of sleep, the number of calories you take, and even your heart rate. But every once in a while, you may encounter some problems with your device that will make it hard to track your progress. Sometimes the device may stop recording your progress, or sometimes it won't start. One of the easiest ways to get device support as advised by Fitbit is by firstly DIY troubleshooting. Here is a guide on some of the most common problems faced and how to quickly troubleshoot on your own:
My Fitbit Device Won't Sync
All the data collected by your Fitbit device should automatically sync with your dashboard. If this doesn't happen, it means that you may not have followed all the set-up instructions correctly. Before reaching out for any help, make sure that you have first done the following correctly:
- Make sure that the Bluetooth connection on your phone is turned on.
- Ensure that you have enabled the "Always Connected" option in the app so that you don't always have to reconnect every time. More so, ensure that you have selected the "All-Day Sync option to enable automatic syncing.
- Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the app.
- Try restarting your mobile device
I Am Not Receiving Any Notifications from My Android Device
- Try turning your Bluetooth connection on and off
- On your Fitbit tracker, make sure that the option for receiving notifications is turned on.
- You may not be in the correct range for the Bluetooth connection to work. Make sure that you are at most 20 feet from your Android device.
- You can also try restarting your mobile device
- Try restarting your Fitbit device
- If all the above does not work, you can try uninstalling the application
My Fitbit Device Is Not Charging Properly
- Make sure that your charging cable is functioning correctly. You can test in on another device to make sure.
- Ensure that your Fitbit's device's pins are in line with the pins in the charging cable.
- Look at the condition of your Fitbit's battery. If it looks too old or irregularly shaped, you may need a replacement for it.
Fitbit Isn't Updating Properly
- You can begin by restarting your Fitbit device.
- You can also restart your mobile device.
- Sometimes using another computer or mobile device easily fixed this glitch
- Try removing your Fitbit device from your Fitbit account and then adding it again
Nothing I Do Is Fixing My Problem
If all the above quick fixes don't work, you can now go ahead and get direct support from Fitbit. Here are the different platforms on which you can reach the Customer Care team:
1. Through Live Chat
- Go to the company's website.
- On the top left corner, select the "Help" option.
- Scroll down till you see the "Live Chat" option and click on it
- You will be prompted to input your account details.
Follow the following prompts until the Live Chat begins.
2. Through a Telephone Call
You can find the company's phone number here. These services are, however, only available from 4am-9pm PT.
3. Fitbit Community
The Fitbit community is a platform on Fitbit's website where users can post any issues and get any solutions or quick fixes from other users.
- Go to the company's website
- On the top left corner, select "Help."
- Scroll down and select Fitbit Community
4. On the Twitter Page
You can find the company's twitter here.
The quickest response time on Twitter is within 47 hours.
5. Via Email
The company estimates two days as the shortest time to wait for a response.
After thousands of Fitbit customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I get device support from Fitbit? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Fitbit if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Fitbit in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I get device support from Fitbit? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.