If you ordered something from Flipkart and it's the wrong size and needs to be exchanged, here is the fastest way to exchange your order.
Online shopping is easy and quick on e-commerce platforms like Flipkart. Most of us enjoy the simplicity and convenience of purchasing our favorite goods or services in just a few clicks of a button or taps on a screen. At times, however, you can make an order but later on realize you prefer a different item that suits your needs or the product you have received doesn't match the one that's shown on the website.
In such a scenario, Flipkart allows you to exchange your ordered product for a similar item with a different color or size, but how can you exchange your order? This is where Flipkart's product return process comes into place.
Flipkart Product Return Process
To exchange your order, follow the following steps:
- Go to flipkart.com using your desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
- Enter your email address and password then click on the Login button.
- Select the Orders tab.
- You will see the products you have ordered. Now choose Return to initiate a request.
- Depending on the type of product you want to exchange, your request might have to go through a verification process.
- After verification, you will need to confirm your decision depending on the product category you ordered from. There are 3 available options:
- Exchange: the order will be exchanged for an identical item of a different color or size.
- Replace: The item you have ordered will be replaced with a new identical item in case it was damaged or defective or isn't as described on the website.
- Refund: If the item in your order is unavailable in your desired specifications or is out of stock, you can decide that you prefer to get your money back.
- In this case, you will choose "Exchange". Your order will be exchanged for another identical product with the preferred specifications.
- All the necessary requisite items should always be ready for a smooth exchange process.
- Pickup and delivery will be scheduled.
How Long Does it Take?
As soon as you have requested for an Exchange, you will get an email and an SMS on your registered email ID and registered phone number respectively. You can track the process by simply going to the My Account section on the Flipkart website. The delivery day of your replacement product will be at the same time as the pick-up day in most cases.
Is Every Product Exchangeable?
All products where a trial is needed to determine the fit can be exchange on Flipkart. These items are mainly but not limited to apparel and footwear. There are certain product categories that cannot be exchanged on Flipkart. This includes socks, lingerie, innerwear and clothing freebies.
What Should You Pay Attention to?
Ensure that your exchange request is completed within the specified time limit as detailed on the products page. Make sure that the item is returned in good condition without any damage.
Moreover, ensure the clothing item or footwear you want to exchange is used for trial only and is not tampered with in any way like by washing or ironing.
When returning your ordered product(s) for exchange, you should confirm that all the package contents are there including the original packaging, price tags, freebies, labels and any accessories that were delivered to you.
However, in case you want to exchange only a portion of your entire order of two or more items, you can do so.
What are the Exchange Options?
Product exchanges are an option if the color/size of the product you get does not match the color/size of the product displayed on the website, or not what you had expected. Flipkart's replacement guarantee covers all product replacements, but you should also check the terms for replacement for the seller. Flipkart welcomes you to exchange the product for an identical item in a different color and/size.
After thousands of FlipKart customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How can I exchange my order on Flipkart? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting FlipKart if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like FlipKart in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How can I exchange my order on Flipkart? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.