Don't let cancelling an order with Flipkart cause you a hassle. Cancelling an order is stress and pain free if you just follow these steps below.
Have you ordered something from Flipkart and you think you no longer need it? Well, you don't have to sit down and wait for the product to arrive at your doorstep. If you change your mind or you want to order another product instead, you can easily cancel your existing order.
Canceling orders on Flipkart is quite easy and fast. Read on to find out everything that you need to know about canceling an order on this leading e-commerce platform and how you can do it.
How to Cancel an Order on Flipkart
Follow these simple steps to successfully cancel your order on Flipkart online shopping platform.
- First, sign in to your account and tap or click on the "My Orders" icon that will automatically direct you to your Flipkart account page.
- Select the exact product that you want to cancel and click on "View Details" link that is right next to it.
- You will be directed to the detailed order page where you will see the "Cancel Order" link against each of the products in your order.
- Proceed and click or tap on the "Cancel" link that is against the exact product that you need to cancel.
- You will be requested to fill in the reason for canceling the order and select whether you want to order another product or get a refund. Once you fill out this information, confirm your order cancellation.
- Your cancellation request will be created, and you will receive an instant email confirming the same. You will get your refund within the time stipulated by the company.
- In case you don't want a refund, you can use the funds to order another product that will be delivered to you within the stipulated time.
What Are the Conditions for Cancellation?
Flipkart allows its customer to cancel an order online if the product hasn't been shipped yet. If you cancel your order before shipping takes place, you can be sure that the company will refund the full price of the order.
If your order has already been shipped, but you haven't received it yet, you must call the company, send an email, or contact them on any of the social media platforms to initiate the cancellation process.
You will be given an okay to cancel the order, but the refund process will only start once Flipkart receives the product back to their warehouse. However, this process will depend on how far the product has been shipped.
If you had ordered a large product, you are only allowed to cancel the order at least 24 hours before the time it is expected to arrive at your address.
Keep in mind that it is impossible to cancel an order once it is delivered to your address. If you have already received it and you don't want it, the only thing that you can do is to initiate a return process.
What Are the Modes of Refund after Cancelling Your Order?
Flipkart usually refunds your money in two different ways:
- They may add the order amount back to your Flipkart account wallet which you can utilize to purchase other products on the platform. This option is only applicable to sellers who have Flipkart Advantage.
- The second option is that the company will refund the order amount back to your bank account or any other mode of payment that you used to pay for your order.
There is no need to worry if you don't know what to do since you will be required to select your preferred mode of refund while canceling your order. Make sure that you select the most convenient mode of refund before you proceed to confirm the cancellation.
After thousands of FlipKart customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I cancel my order on Flipkart? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting FlipKart if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like FlipKart in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I cancel my order on Flipkart? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.