Refunds can be a hassle. Well don't let them be, especially when it comes to Flipkart. We looked up the best ways to get your hard earned money back, as fast as possible.
One of the top reasons why many people enjoy shopping online is the flexibility and convenience that the experience provides. Online shopping is simple and quick since you can do everything from the comfort of your home or office.
Flipkart is one of the leading online shopping stores in India, where you can get all your favorite products in a few taps or clicks. Sometimes, however, when your ordered product arrives, you realize that the product isn't exactly what you expected.
It might be the wrong color, size, or defective. So, what do you do in such circumstances? Well, Flipkart provides all of its customers with an opportunity to return the product and seek an exchange, replacement, or refund. In this post, we focus on how you can get Flipkart to refund your charge.
It Starts with Return
- If you receive a product that you feel like it didn't meet your expectations, you are free to initiate the return process. Once you login to your account and click on the Return tab to create a return request, select Refund. Selecting this option indicates that you don't want a product exchange or replacement.
- Once you fill out the Returns forms available online, you will receive an email notification or SMS indicating that you have initiated a product return process and you want a refund of your charge.
PS: If you request for a product replacement, you'll wait for up to ten days for the delivery to be done. However, if you request a refund, you may have to wait for up to 30 days, depending on the product category.
There are also some products that you can't return. Some of the product categories that can't be returned on Flipkart include baby care products, auto accessories, automobiles, fashion products, computer accessories, cleaning products, gardening products, home products, and health care products. The comprehensive list of non-returnables can be found here.
The Refund Process
If you are unsatisfied with a product replacement or if the specific product model and color that you need is out of stock, you should opt for a refund. Make sure that you choose the 'Request Return' once you have filled out the details from the 'My Orders' page.
- Your refund request will be received, reviewed, and approved if everything is okay
- Once your refund request has been approved, the money will be credited back to you in one the following three ways:
- If you had chosen to pay via COD (cash on delivery), the funds would be sent to you as an IMPS transfer.
- As a refund to the same source that the buyer used to pay the order on Flipkart. This method is usually referred to as the "Back to Source" method. For instance, if you paid for your order using a debit card, your funds will be credited back to the exact account
- Refund via conventional IMPS into the specific bank account that you specified while creating the return request. This will only happen if you specify that you want to get your money into a specified bank account number instead of choosing the Back to Source method. This option is available for Netbanking forward payments and Debit Card payments only.
PS: It is good to keep in mind that any product you buy from Flipkart isn't functional during the warranty period. Therefore, the company's replacement guarantee can only stand applicable during a specified time depending on the product category and the seller's return policy.
Therefore, it is always good to check the product replacement guarantee period that is usually specified on the product page before you ask for a refund. If you discover that the product you ordered is defective or damaged and it is past the guarantee period, be sure to contact the authorized service center to seek the way forward.
After thousands of FlipKart customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I get Flipkart to refund a charge? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting FlipKart if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like FlipKart in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I get Flipkart to refund a charge? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.