If you no longer have access to your Flipkart account, don't panic. We found all the best ways to recover your Flipkart account below.
Imagine being in a hurry to purchase something from your Flipkart account only to realize that you do not remember the account. Unfortunately, it happens to a lot of people. Do not despair if you have forgotten your password. The process of recovering your account is simple and pretty straightforward. Once you recover your account, you can continue to make purchases on your account. To complete the process, you must have your phone number or email address
Recovering Your Account Through the Website
You can recover your account's password through Flipkart's website by following these steps;
- Go to Flipkart's website and log in to your account
- Enter your email address or number that you used to register your account
- Click on the 'forgot?' button when asked for a password
- You will receive an OTP that you should enter on the next popup
- After entering your OTP, you will be asked to enter a new password
You can recover your account from the website in these short steps.
Recovering Your Account Through Flipkart's Mobile App
You can recover your account through Flipkart's mobile app. The app is available for Windows operating systems, iOS and Android. Follow these steps to recover your account.
- Open the mobile app to see the login screen
- Enter your email id or phone number
- Click on the 'Forgot?' option
- Flipkart will send you an OTP to your email address or phone number. Hit the resend button if you do not receive your OTP on the first attempt.
- Enter your new password.
Reactivating my Flipkart Account
If your Flipkart account has been deactivated, you can easily reactivate it. Follow these steps;
- Log in to your account with your email address or social network ID
- The password and email combination you use must be similar to what you used prior to deactivation
- Your account data will be fully restored and the default settings will be applied
- Once you restore your account, you will continue to receive promotional emails.
You can always deactivate your account when you want. The process of deactivation is simple. Remember that if you deactivate your account, your public profile will no longer be visible. If your account is deactivated, then you will be logged out of your account. Your public profile will no longer be visible but your previous reviews and ratings will still be displayed on the site. Flipkart will retain your account data just in case you decide to activate your account again. Your Wishlist will be displayed as 'Unavailable.'
You also have the option of changing your mail ID on Flipkart. You can only do that through their website. The option is not available on the mobile app. Follow these steps to change your mail ID
- Login to your account on their website
- Once you log in to your account, your name will be displayed on the right-hand corner. Click on it.
- When you click on your name, you will be presented with options on the left-hand side.
- Keep scrolling down under the option 'settings' and select the option 'update email/phone'
- After clicking on that option, you can edit your mail or phone number
- Verify it and the process will be complete.
Whether you are trying to recover your account after deactivation or after forgetting your password, Flipkart has simple and straightforward solutions. If you have trouble finding a solution after following the steps, then you can get help by contacting the customer care team. There are various ways to contact the representatives including by phone or email.
The steps outlined above should be able to help you recover your Flipkart account.
After thousands of FlipKart customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I recover my Flipkart account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting FlipKart if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like FlipKart in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I recover my Flipkart account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.