Power outages are not new to Florida residents although they happen infrequently. To report a power outage follow these helpful tips.
Florida Power and Light Company is a power utility firm serving about 10 million Florida residents. The company's activities include generation, transmission, distribution and selling of electricity.
Power outages are not new to Florida residents although they happen infrequently. Power outages are caused by a wide variety of factors, both natural and man-made, so before contacting Florida Power and Light Company about a power outage, you should find out the reason for the outage first.
The first step you should take once there is a power outage on your property in Florida is to go out and check if the power outage is also being experienced by your neighbors. If the power outage is only affecting you, then you should go ahead and check your breakers and reset them.
You can reset your breakers by following these steps:
- Find the circuit breakers for your area and turn each circuit breaker off one after the other
- Reset your main circuit breaker or main line switch by turning the breaker off and then on twice. Leave the breaker in the on position. Your main circuit breaker may not be inside your circuit breaker panel and may be located outside or near your electric meter. If it is, don't tamper with your meter and instead open the panel beside the meter to access the main breaker.
- Turn each individual circuit breaker on inside the panel one by one. Your power should be restored. You should not use any tools to adjust the circuit breakers as they can be easily accessed by hand or stand in water when turning the breakers on or off.
If your neighbors are also experiencing the power outage, you should use the Florida Power and Light Company power tracker outage map to check if your area is indeed listed as experiencing an outage. All you need to do is submit your street address, city or ZIP code to find out if your area is affected by the outage.
If so, you should be able to see what the Florida Power and Light Company is doing to restore power and the estimated time before the power is fixed.
It is crucial to note that if the power outage leads to life threatening emergencies, do not hesitate to call 911 immediately.
Reporting a Power Outage to Florida Power and Light Company
You can report a power outage to the Florida Power and Light Company in a variety of ways. The best and most efficient way to do so is through the power outage reporting tool on their website.
You can do report an outage to the Florida Power and Light Company by following these steps:
- Launch your web browser and open the Florida Power and Light Company website
- Sign in to your account
- You will see three main tabs on the top left corner of the page. click 'Support'
- You will be redirected to the power outage reporting page. You will be required to fill in certain information before you can report the outage. Enter the 10-digit phone number on your account, including the area code. Do not use hyphens or parenthesis. Also, enter your zip code and then click 'Continue'
- You will be presented with the power outage report form. Fill in the necessary information and then click 'Submit' to send the form.
Another way through which you can report a power outage to the Florida Power and Light Company is by contacting their customer service directly. The best way to do this is to call them.
You can retrieve the Florida Power and Light Company customer service phone number from GetHuman.
After thousands of Florida Power & Light customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Report a Power Outage to Florida Power & Light? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Florida Power & Light if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Florida Power & Light in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Report a Power Outage to Florida Power & Light? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.