How Do I Get Compensated for Getting Bumped Off of My Frontier Airlines Flight?
Being moved off of a flight that's been overbooked is never joyful and you find yourself wishing that airlines wouldn't overbook to begin with. Nonetheless, you do have options. Selecting a seat at booking and checking in online reduces your risk. Otherwise, you risk is determined by chance. Give up your seat voluntarily, and you'll receive compensation. Or don't volunteer and be selected involuntarily and you may or may not be compensated for your trouble.
Booking the right flight can be a hassle but what's worse is getting bumped from it due to the airline overbooking. It can happen and it's hard to prevent it completely. However, there are some things you can do to decrease the chance of you being the one bumped off of the plane. This guide will address Frontier Airlines policy on overbooking and then there'll be some helpful tips, as promised.
Frontier Airlines Overbooking Policy
- If a flight is overbooked, Frontier will first ask for volunteers who are willing to give up their seats. In return, these volunteers will receive alternate travel accommodations plus an electronic voucher to be used for a future Frontier flight.
- Frontier's goal is finding enough volunteers so that no one has to lose their seat involuntarily. However, if there aren't enough volunteers, passengers who attempt to check in after all seats are assigned are denied boarding.
- If you are the one who is denied boarding, then Frontier will provide you with a written statement that describes your rights and explains how Frontier determines priority for those who board on an oversold flight.
- The last customer to check in would be removed from the flight in the event there are fewer seats than people who have checked in.
Minimizing the Risk of Losing Your Seat
- Check in as early as possible. You can check in online up to 24 hours in advance of your flight on flyfrontier.com.
- Choose your seat at booking instead of waiting until you board the plane and selecting a random seat.
Compensation for Losing Your Spot
- Currently, the only customers who receive compensation for being removed from an overbooked flight are those who volunteer to give up their seats.
- If you volunteer, you will receive alternate accommodations and an electronic voucher for use on a future Frontier Airlines flight.
- Those who don't volunteer are given a written statement outlining the customer's rights. Currently, it is unknown what exactly the statement outlines as far as rights to any compensation. It's best to call Frontier Airlines here to gain clarification about the written statement, or to ask how they can help get you to your destination if you are the one involuntarily removed from the flight.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Get Compensated for Getting Bumped Off of My Frontier Airlines Flight?"?
After thousands of Frontier Airlines customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Get Compensated for Getting Bumped Off of My Frontier Airlines Flight? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Frontier Airlines if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Frontier Airlines Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Frontier Airlines in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Get Compensated for Getting Bumped Off of My Frontier Airlines Flight? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.