What Do I Do If My Frontier Airlines Flight Is Delayed?
There are times when delayed flights cannot be helped but most airlines, including Frontier Airlines have a policy regarding delayed flights. So, more often than not, you have to do very little when it comes to making the next move outside of booking a new flight or taking what precautions you can before you book.
Delayed flights can and do happen, with reasons ranging from weather to mechanical to air traffic control. And they can be inconvenient and upsetting, especially if you're in a hurry to get going. This guide will advise you what to do, if anything, if your flight with Frontier Airlines is delayed.
Frontier's Policy on Delays
- Every effort is made to communicate each flight update so having your phone number and email in your reservation helps Frontier get in touch with you. If you booked through a travel agency, Frontier communicates through them and the agency would have to contact you.
- If the delay happens after you board, or even after the plane lands, Frontier not only provides you with up-to-date information on the situation but they also provide you with essentials, as allowed by safety and security conditions, if the delay is extended. Food, water, access to working restroom facilities and medical care would be provided.
- Delays can be caused by events that are under Frontier's control like mechanical or maintenance issues, or by events that are uncontrollable, like changes in weather or damage caused by a bird strike. Regardless of the reason for the delay, Frontier will help you get where you need to go by booking you on the next available flight. In cases that are caused by controllable issues, this rebooking is at no additional charge.
- Uncontrollable situations don't normally warrant compensation outside of assisting you with booking a new flight. You might have to pay the difference of any booking charges, including fees.
- If your flight is cancelled, then you would receive a refund of the total unused portion of your ticket. Refunds are typically processed within 7 business days of Frontier's receipt of the completed refund request for eligible domestic and international flights. Refunds to credit cards don't usually reflect right away due to billing cycles.
What You Can Do
- Provide your best phone number and email address in case Frontier needs to communicate with you.
- Book your own flights instead of using a travel agent.
- Sign up for weather updates with the National Weather Service.
- If possible, obtain travelers' insurance and study the policy thoroughly.
- Travel with only a carry-on, if possible.
- Before you book any airline, be sure to study the Department of Transportations' Passenger Bill of Rights, located here https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/fly-rights#Delayed-and-Cancelled-Flights and also study the airlines exact policy. Frontier's travel policy can be found here https://www.flyfrontier.com/travel/travel-info/travel-policies/.
- If you have any questions, please call Frontier Airlines here.
Why Did GetHuman Write "What Do I Do If My Frontier Airlines Flight Is Delayed?"?
After thousands of Frontier Airlines customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What Do I Do If My Frontier Airlines Flight Is Delayed? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Frontier Airlines if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Frontier Airlines Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Frontier Airlines in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What Do I Do If My Frontier Airlines Flight Is Delayed? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.