Like many online platforms, Google has set policies that users of their email service Gmail should follow. The policies by Google are meant to create a friendly and safe environment for all their users. A Gmail account may be disabled for various reasons. Some reasons may be your own doing, and other times, malicious parties can make Google disable accounts for security purposes. So, what happens if your account is disabled?
• Open your browser, log into your Google account, and try to find the reason why your account has been disabled.
• Click on the link written 'Try to Restore.'
• Follow the instructions given.
• If you are having difficulties with this process, fill out the form provided.
HOW TO FILL THE GOOGLE FORM
• Check on either the 'Yes' or 'No' circle when asked if you signed in to the Google account ending with @gmail.com or @googlemail.com.
• Provide an alternative email address that the Google team can contact you through. Ensure that the email address you give is active and accessible at all times. Do not provide the email address of the suspended account.
• Add more details about your account on the spaces provided below. You can write a short comment or make an inquiry.
• Click on the blue button written 'Submit' and wait for a response from Google.
• Google will send you feedback through the new email provided within two working days.
Malware: Sending of harmful or risky code or sharing dangerous software.
Phishing: Accessing information that is not meant to be public by either taking it illegally or deceiving innocent parties to share it without knowing.
Harmful activities: This includes the meddling with Google networks, the company's servers, and any other system that runs on Google platforms.
Account Hacking or Hijacking: Accessing or signing into someone else's account, without their authorization. Account hijacking is the stealing of a person's email account that is linked with a computing device.
Use of multiple accounts for abuse: This means the creation of more than one account and going against the terms and conditions given by Google. You should also not use bots (internet programs that perform automated tasks) to generate fake accounts.
Spamming: Sending individuals unwanted messages or unnecessary content. Do not send commercial or promotional messages to individuals who are not known to you. Do not send multiple messages or content to different people simultaneously. The content may include photos, links, comments, or reviews that are shared on Google platforms.
Exploitation of Minors: Child exploitation is taken seriously by Google. The platform gets rid of any content that displays taking advantage of and any form of abuse on children. Content that has sexual innuendos, including cartoons goe against Google policy. Google will file a report to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) and law enforcement or take suitable action.
Creating a false identity to deceive people: Identity theft is a serious offense. Coming up with a false identity to deceive individuals by social engineering will result in temporary or permanent account suspension. This excludes the creation of celebrity fan accounts.
Terrorist content: Google does not condone users who share inciting information, have links with terrorist organizations, or promote violence of any form.
High call volumes: Do not use Google for traffic pumping. This is the sending of a huge number of calls to a telephone exchange to make profits. This practice is common with telephone carriers.
Automatic calls or messages: Google does not allow individuals to make calls or send text messages automatically. This is also known as robodialing or robocalling.
Breaking product policies: Google will remove an account or cancel a user if the company feels that some of its terms have been violated. A notice may not be provided if the matter at hand is crucial.
The internet has extreme characters, and that is why Google and other companies are keen on how their users operate the accounts they own. Google does not suspend or disable accounts without reason. If your account is disabled, then you may have broken one of their policies knowingly or unknowingly. You can contact Google support team if you feel like you have been unfairly suspended.