GoFundMe is the premier online fundraising platform in the world. They have raised more than 10 billion dollars for various ventures.
You can raise money on the platform for a wide variety of purposes, from personal celebrations to challenging issues like debilitating illnesses.
However, to use GoFundMe, you need to set up an account on the platform. All GoFundMe fundraisers must be connected to a single individual according to the company. Moreover, the full name of the funds' recipient must appear on the fundraiser.
The company has a policy that says that no organizer of a GoFundMe campaign can be anonymous. It is a measure meant to promote transparency as it would be too difficult to track down an anonymous recipient.
The policy also helps people contributing to the fundraiser have more faith in the campaign if there is a name behind an account. It will give them someone to contact in case they have any questions about the fundraiser.
Changing Your Name
There are various ways through which you can change the name on your GoFundMe account. It will depend on which method is most suitable for you.
You should note that if your GoFundMe account is connected to your Facebook account, you cannot change the name on your account unless you first disconnect your Facebook profile.
One process you can use to change the name on your GoFundMe account involves the following steps:
1. Launch your web browser and open the GoFundMe website. You may also launch the GoFundMe app if you prefer to use it instead.
2. Sign in to your GoFundMe account.
3. Select your name, which should be located at the top right hand corner of the screen. If you are using the GoFundMe app, you should tap the initials on the top right corner instead.
4. Click or tap "Account Settings" from the drop down menu.
5. Select your name from among the settings and choose to change it.
6. Input the new name you would like associated with your account and when done click, "Save Changes" at the bottom of the screen.
Changing Charity Information
You may be a charity that is already on GoFundMe's charity list, but they may have gotten your name wrong. You may also change the name of your charity provided that you are enrolled with the PayPal giving fund.
To edit charity information, including the name for the charity, use the following process:
1. Sign in to the Charity's PayPal account.
2. Click "Profile" located at the top right hand corner of the screen.
3. Select "Profile" and "Settings."
4. Select the information you want to change, which in this case is the name.
5. Click "Save Changes" after you are done.
Editing a Fundraiser
You can also change the name on a fundraiser after it has already been created.
You should use the following steps to do so:
1. Launch your web browser and open the GoFundMe website, or launch the GoFundMe app.
2. Sign in to your GoFundMe account.
3. Click the three horizontal lines at the top of your account page.
4. Select "Your Fundraisers" and choose the fundraiser that you would like to edit.
5. Click "Manage" on the specific fundraiser.
6. Click "Edit and Settings" under the fundraiser's title. For the mobile app, it will be the "Edit" button located at the bottom of the screen.
7. Select the name of the fundraiser and change it.
8. Click "Save Changes" after you are done.
If you have any problems changing the name on your GoFundMe account, feel free to contact customer support for help.
After thousands of Gofundme.com customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Change the Name on My Gofundme Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Gofundme.com if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Gofundme.com in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Change the Name on My Gofundme Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
We created a free, impartial concierge you can speak to right now that can compare TV, cable, phone, and Internet deals in your area. Are you already getting the best deal? Call now and talk to a real, live person who can tell you what promotions you are missing out on.Talk to Us Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies