How Do I Restore My Google Pay Account?
Restoring your Google Pay account to your smartphone is easy to complete. Additionally, you can also add a bank account or even remove an existing one. Remember to use a valid phone and email address when linking your contact details to your Google Pay account. The information will help you in restoring your account should the need arise.
How Do I Restore My Google Pay Account?
Google Pay provides a secure platform to make efficient mobile payments. There are different reasons which will have you opt to restore your Google Pay account. For instance, you could have lost your phone and purchased a new one. Another scenario can be if you uninstalled your Google Pay application. It is also possible to restore your Google Pay if you formatted your phone and lost previous files and applications.
In some instances, maybe you forgot your pin and want to restore your Google Pay account after re-installation to your phone. Whatever scenario you fall under, restoring your Google pay is a simple procedure. Here is a practical guide to help you get you started on your account in no time.
- Go to your play store app on the mobile device and search for Google Pay.
- Download the Google Pay app to your mobile device.
- Once the download is complete, fill in your details using your registered and valid mobile phone number. You can also tap on your Google Pay account picture.
- Select the Google account which you used to open your Google pay account. This scenario applies if you have registered several Google accounts on your mobile device.
- After choosing your Google email address, Google Pay will send you a verification of your mobile number. It is advisable to have your mobile number on your phone for automatic confirmation.
- A pop-up notification will show up on your screen to ask whether to allow the OTP verification by Google Pay. Click on allow.
- Secure your Google Pay account with a strong password.
- You can use a screen lock as the security option or create a Google pin that you can remember.
- Consequently, click on the restore tab at the top of your display screen to activate your Google Pay account.
- After the successful Google Pay activation, you will see the bank account linked to your Google pay account. If you have one email account, you will only see one. However, if you have several bank accounts linked to your Google pay account, you can reactivate them simultaneously.
- Your screen will display your personal information on the bank account name, contacts, and UPI IDS.
- At the bottom part of your screen, you will click on the activate option tab.
- Your Google pay account will verify your mobile number with your banking facility to enable your bank account activation.
- Lastly, after your Google Pay verification is complete, click on the activate account tab at the bottom part of your screen.
- To make a payment, open your Google Pay application on your mobile device.
- Swipe from the bottom of your display screen going up.
- Click the contact you wish to be your recipient. Alternatively, you can click on the new options bar to search for the contact you want to send money.
- Click on pay, enter your amount, pin, and proceed to complete the payment.
If you have forgotten your UPI Pin, follow the above procedure up to step 6. After that:
- You have information on your mobile number, bank account. Click on the bank account tab on your screen.
- The bottom part of your screen will indicate a forgot pin question, select the option.
- Enter the last six digits indicated on your debit or ATM card. Additionally, also note the correct expiry date.
- You will receive an option for creating a new pin. Indicate your pin and confirm it.
- After that, you will receive an OTP confirmation for your Google Pay verification by SMS. Remember to have the registered mobile number on your mobile phone.
- You have successfully reset your pin and are set to transact on Google Pay.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Restore My Google Pay Account?"?
After thousands of Google Pay customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Restore My Google Pay Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Google Pay if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Google Pay Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Google Pay in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Restore My Google Pay Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.