How Do I Recover My Google Play Account?
You may need to recover your Google Play account after Google has locked you out of the system or after you have locked yourself out of the system. Here are some helpful tips you can follow when you want to recover your Google Play account.
You may need to recover your Google Play account after Google has locked you out of the system or after you have locked yourself out of the system. Here are steps you can follow when you want to recover your Google Play account.
Recovery when you forgot your password
- Open your browser and go the Google Play sign in page
- Click on "forgot password"
- Enter the email address that you used to create your Google Play account
- Click on the "Continue" tab
- Enter the last password that you used with your Google Play account
- If you don't remember the last password that you used, click on the "don't remember previous password" option.
- Google will give you two options for recovering your account. You can receive the verification code by email, phone or by SMS
- In the next dialogue box, enter the verification code that you have received. If you chose to receive the details via email, check on your email and click the link that is provided.
- Google will prompt you with another sign in dialogue box. Enter your email address and key in your new password twice. Then proceed to "Change Password".
Recovery When You Forgot Your Username
- Go to the Google Play sign in page
- Click on the "I don't know my username" and then click on "Continue"
- Just like the password recovery, choose a method with which you would like to recover your username; by email, phone or email.
- Enter the name that you used to create your Google Play account and tick on the captcha option to verify that you are not a robot.
- If you had a recovery email, you will receive an email from Google. The email will contain your username. If you do not find the email in your primary inbox, be sure to check in your junk or spa folder.
- If Google is still unable to recover your username because no accounts matched the information you keyed in, you can simply go to the Google troubleshooter page for further assistance.
Recovery When You Accidentally Deleted Google Play
There is a chance that you may till get back your Google Play account after deleting it. However, if some time passes between deleting it and recovering it, you may not be able to recover your data. Here are the steps you should follow to enable you to recover your account:
- Sign in using the log in details that you used the last time you accessed your account.
- Google will prompt you with some questions to verify that you are the owner of the account. If you don't remember the answers to all of the questions, answer the rest to the best of your ability.
- If you do succeed in recovering your account, create a new password for your account. You can use the steps provided up
Recovery of Google Play Purchases onto a Device with Different Account
For you to restore purchase on a Google Play device, the device must be using the original account. This is a rule by Google that aims to limit privacy. If you still want to use a device with a different Google Play account, here is how you can recover your store purchases:
- Go to your device's "Settings"
- Scroll down and choose "Accounts & Sync"
- Scroll down till you see an option for "Manage Accounts". Add the account that you originally used to make the Google Play purchases.
This should enable you to recover all your purchases.
If you find trouble recovering your account using the above steps, you can always contact the Google customer help line. Other tips that you can follow are:
- Use a computer, phone or device that you frequently used to sign in to your Google Play account.
- Try using the same browser that you used to access Google Play services
- Try use the same physical address you were in while previously accessing your Google Play account
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Recover My Google Play Account?"?
After thousands of Google Play customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Recover My Google Play Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Google Play if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Google Play Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Google Play in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Recover My Google Play Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.