Editing, adding, or removing payment methods from Google Play purchases is a free and straightforward process. GetHuman gives this simple guide when updating your account and billing information on Google.
• Using your Android phone or tablet, open your Google Play store app.
• Select the payment methods.
• Choose the payment method you wish to add and follow through with the on-screen instructions.
After completing the process, the new payment method will be added to your Google account, and you can proceed with your transactions.
• Open the Google Play app store using your device.
• Select "Payment methods" and move to "More Payment Settings".
• If they require you to sign, complete the signing in process.
• Select the payment method you want to be removed and select the remove option.
The payment method will be eliminated from your Google account without any issues.
If you made an error and you wish to adjust a payment method on Google, you will follow a straightforward process to get this done.
• After accessing your Google Play store app, select the payment methods option and proceed to more payment settings.
• After signing in as required choose edit in the payment method you want to be changed.
• Complete the process, and Google will update the information immediately, enabling you to proceed with your transactions.
• Access your Google Play Store app with your device and proceed to the payment methods option.
• Select on Subscriptions and then tap manage.
• Select the option of backing up a payment method and select the method to add.
Complete the process, and Google will make the change effective immediately.
Backing up a payment method makes your subscriptions stable. Whenever the primary payment method fails, or it stops working, transactions will be completed using your backup payment methods. If you choose to remove the payment method, you can do so without any challenges.
The process requires you to open your Google Play Store app.
• Open the page indicating the details of a paid item.
• Select the price and review app permissions.
• Under the app name, scroll down to the Payment methods and make a choice from the available payment options or add a new plan.
• You can then proceed with the purchase.
Apart from the situations identified above, we understand that there are times you need to change your billing address and additional information in your Google Play. These simple steps will guide you through the process.
After adding a home address, the home country cannot be changed. Moving to a new country will require you to create a new profile.
• Sign in.
• Select the settings app and locate the Name and Address option.
• Click edit and enter the details of your new address and save the updated information.
If you move to a new country, you are required to create a new profile according to Google Plays policies. The new profile will not affect the payments of the existing services. It will be used in completing purchases of new products in the new country.
• Sign in to Google Play and proceed to the settings option.
• On the Payments Profile, next to the Country option, select edit.
The following message will lead you to a page that prompts you to create a new profile. Continue with the process and select the new country which your payments profile should be associated with. Complete and fill in the address information. Submit the data to Google for processing and you are done.
After thousands of Google Play customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I update my account and billing information on Google Play? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Google Play if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Google Play in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I update my account and billing information on Google Play? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.