If you are a Green Dot customer, you may find yourself wanting to dispute a charge and get your money back. We can definitely understand your situation. We have created this page so that you will be able to do just that. Perhaps you were a victim of fraud and someone used your Green Dot account to go on a shopping spree. Or perhaps you received a defective product and the merchant escaped to Africa and didn't refund you. Whatever the case may be, we are here to help you in this guide.
To begin, we would first like to describe what exactly Green Dot is so that we can be certain this guide will apply to your specific situation. Green Dot helps millions of people with affordable and reliable debit cards. These cards make banking every day something you can do without a hassle. They also allow businesses to use their all-in-one system to build banking into their specific brand. Green Dot features very competitive benefits that allow banking to be a better value and more convenient. They do this even though they are not actually a bank themselves.
In any case, we understand that, if you have made it this far into the article, you'd like to dispute a charge you made with your Green Dot card and get your money back. That's understandable! Ok, let's move forward with our guide below:
1) To do this, we ask that you first have your Green Dot online account information handy. This includes your Green Dot user ID and your account password. If you do not have a Green Dot user ID and your account password, simply proceed to step number two below.
2) If you do not have an online account with Green Dot, you can begin by going to the Green Dot website, in the upper right-hand corner you will see a "Customer Login" link. Click it. Look for a little blue link that says "Create Online User ID". This will be located directly below the "Remember User ID" checkbox. After clicking that link, you'll be able to use your debit card number, expiration date, and the three-digit code on the back to create an online account.
3) After you have created an online account, you are going to want to login with your username and password from the Green Dot website.
4) Just after you login, you are going to click the "Transaction History" link. After you do that, a list of your transactions will appear. Please examine this list very carefully.
5) After examining this list click on the link that says "Transaction History FAQ".
6) On the resulting web page that appears, there will be information about how to file a dispute along with a link to a dispute form. The hyperlink will say "Use our dispute form here". It will also give you a fax number and/or email address to send that dispute form into Green Dot. Fill it out and send it into Green Dot.
7) Are you still having trouble? Click here to go to our dedicated contact page for Green Dot where we will quickly put you in touch with a human in their customer support department.
After thousands of Green Dot customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Dispute a Charge and Get My Money Back from Green Dot? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Green Dot if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Green Dot in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Dispute a Charge and Get My Money Back from Green Dot? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.