If you don't need your Groupon account anymore, deleting it may be your best option. Whether you are just getting rid of old accounts, or you haven't used your account in a while, here are a few tips to delete it.
1. Open the Groupon website and log in to your account.
2. Tap on the "Help" link at the top right corner and choose from the four help topics.
3. Type "Delete account" in the search bar and complete your search.
4. On the "Deactivating Your Groupon Account" menu, click "Contact Us."
5. Choose the appropriate method of contacting the support team. If you pick the "Live Chat" option, a window will show up at the top right of your browser. An agent will take you through the steps of deleting your account. With the "Send us an Email" option, a form will show up and you can enter the relevant information before clicking "Send."
Even though both options are great, live chat is a faster option for deleting your account than email. You get connected with the support team right away and the entire process may be completed in just a few minutes.
Email, on the other hand, requires you to wait a few days before getting a response. If support requests you to provide more information, you may need to wait several days before getting a response.
Canceling Groupon Select
Groupon Select is a premium subscription offered by Groupon. It offers lots of benefits to users, including 10% off travel deals, 25% off local deals, and 10% off tickers. If you no longer need the subscription, follow these steps to cancel it:
1. Log in to your account.
2. Click on the button "My Stuff" and then "Account" on the drop-down menu.
3. Tap on the "Groupon Select" tab.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the section and click "Cancel Membership."
5. Click "Cancel Membership" as confirmation that you want to continue with the downgrade.
6. The account should switch to "Cancelled" when you are done.
Since this is subscription is recurring, you need to cancel it at least 3 days before the next billing date. If you wait too long, you may be charged. After cancellation, your subscription remains active through the date you made your payment.
Contacting the Support Team
There are many ways to contact Groupon when you want to delete your Groupon account. The most effective support option is on the phone. The customer service team will speak with you and guide you through the process. They are easy to reach and may offer help for any other issues. Phone support is fast, reliable and convenient.
Live chat is the only other option that lets you speak directly with an agent. Consider using it if you want to get help fast.
Many customers refer to the help forum before attempting to contact the support team directly. It has answers to commonly asked questions and addresses the most common topics. Consider looking through the help pages before exploring other options.
After thousands of Groupon customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Delete My Groupon Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Groupon if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Groupon in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Delete My Groupon Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.