How do I change my Groupon order?
Accidents can happen. So what do you do if you purchased a Groupon and you need to change your order? Follow these steps below to ensure you correct your order to exactly what you need.
At times, it is possible to make the mistake of choosing the wrong item and entering the wrong address while shopping online. In the event this happens, Groupon offers customers a chance to change or cancel their order if it hasn't yet been dispatched by the carrier.
How to Cancel a Groupon Order
To change an order after completing a purchase, you will have to cancel your order first. It is possible to cancel most Groupon orders within 1 to 3 business days. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Open the Groupon App on your mobile device.
- Click on the MyStuff icon on the lower-right side. Given that you aren't automatically logged in, select Sign in. Enter your email ID and password. It is also possible to sign in with Facebook or Google.
- After you are signed in, click on See All. If you can't find See All select My Groupons.
- Select the All tab.
- Tap on an order to display the order details.
- Scroll down and click on Contact Customer Support.
- Choose the order you wish to cancel.
- If your order is eligible for cancellation, select Cancel Order.
If you don't see the Cancel Order tab, the self-cancellation period has probably passed. You can contact Groupon's customer support.
If you are not able to cancel a product purchased from a 3rd-party seller, you'll have to contact the seller directly.
- Select I'd like to cancel my purchase (below the Order Summary Section).
- Choose a reason for cancelling the order.
- Select Cancel Order. Doing so will cancel your order and initiate the refund process.
iPhone or iPad steps
- Open your Groupon App on your device.
- Click on My Stuff (bottom-right corner).
- Select Customer Support. If you are not logged into the Customer Support page automatically, click on the Sign in tab to log in to your account manually.
- Choose the order you wish to cancel under the MY GROUPONS or GROUPON+ heading.
- Select Cancel Order. Given that there's no Cancel Order button available, your order might not be eligible for cancellation. Contact Groupon's customer service.
- Follow the provided steps to finalize your cancellation process. A refund will be issued after you give reasons for choosing to cancel.
Editing a Shipping Address
Whether you can be able to change your shipping address post-purchase is dependent on how much time has passed since you finished your purchase. It is possible to change or cancel an order until it has been packaged for shipping by Groupon's warehouse – normally you will have a minimum of 2 hours before this occurs.
- Login to your Groupon account.
- Go to My Groupons.
- Look for the order you want to edit and choose Edit Order next to it.
Once the order has been processed for shipping, Groupon cannot change or edit it. You will have to contact the package carrier for a solution.
How to Exchange a Groupon Order
Groupon offers customers the possibility to exchange their ordered items for other options from the same deals. An exchange can be initiated within thirty days after the order is received by the customer. To initiate an exchange follow these steps:
- Login to your Groupon account on a computer.
- Click on My Groupons.
- Choose View Details for the order you want to exchange.
- Click on Exchange Package (left hand side of the screen).
- Follow the instructions provided, confirm the order details, and read and agree to the terms of service.
After the exchange has been initiated your new order will be shipped at the same speed used for the original order and Groupon will cover the shipping costs. You can exchange an item for any model, color or size that is still on offer on the deal page.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How do I change my Groupon order?"?
After thousands of Groupon customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I change my Groupon order? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Groupon if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Groupon Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Groupon in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I change my Groupon order? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked 4 months ago
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
Order *:*************I did not see an option to indicate the name on the * vouchers and...
I recieved an email telling me my order was shipping soon but the wrong color was liste...
I purchased skyzone tickets for the wrong skyzone
*****-******-****** needs to be canceled. Although I received confirmation of the sale...
Hi I just ordered two type pressure items. Only * minutes ago.i pay with pay pal.i only...