What do I do if my Groupon voucher isn't working?
Whether your Groupon is expired, or if it isn't working, we researched all of the things you need to know. Follow this guide to get your money's worth!
All Groupons that are purchased have an expiration date. If your Groupon expires before you are able to use it, you have a few options. While the promotion is expired, the Groupon is still worth the amount you paid for it. For example, if you purchased a $10 for $20 worth of food at a local restaurant, you still have $10 worth of credit after the expiration date, for the services or products the deal was for. The promotional value would be $20 but your paid value is $10. When Groupons expire, the coupon retains the paid value.
Using an expired Groupon is similar to using your regular Groupons.
Go to https://www.groupon.com/ and log into your account.
In the top right corner should be your name or your account name. Hover over the down arrow and select 'My Groupons.'
A new page will appear that shows your Groupon dashboard. Next to the word 'Deals' the category of 'Available' will be autoselected, showing you your current available Groupons. Click the down arrow to select 'Expired' instead.
Choose the expired voucher you wish to use, and click on 'View Voucher.'
A pop-up window will come up asking if you are ready to use the Groupon. Once you view the Groupon, you cannot edit, cancel or trade in your order. It is recommended that you only complete this step when you are ready to use the Groupon or if you have the ability to print the Groupon or save the Groupon as a PDF file.
Select 'View Voucher.'
Your voucher will appear on a new screen. You can either print, save it as a PDF, or show the voucher to the merchant you are using it at. They will scan the barcode that is located on the voucher.
Vendors are not allowed to deny an expired voucher for it's paid value if there are no exclusions on the coupon. If a vendor is denying your expired Groupon and you believe they are incorrect for doing so, find out how to contact the Groupon customer support team via live chat, email, or you can request a call with the team.
There are a few exclusions when using an expired Groupon. Please note the following:
- Your expired voucher must be used towards the services or goods that you bought the Groupon for. For example, if you purchased a massage at a spa, you will not be able to redeem the Groupon value for other spa services.
- Ticketed events may not have any paid value after expiration. If your Groupon was attached to a concert or event on a specific date, and you missed it, it may not apply to other dates.
- Some Groupons will have an expiration date for the paid value as well. This means you can only redeem the paid value of the Groupon for a period of time. This can be found in the Fine Print of your Groupon voucher and varies on each offer.
- When purchasing a GrouponLive voucher, you typically select a date for the voucher. Most GrouponLive vouchers are non-transferrable to other dates, meaning the voucher does not hold a paid value if you miss the date either. However, there are a few exceptions to this rule. If the fine print of the GrouponLive voucher states "amount paid never expires", you will be able to use the Groupon. Or, if the voucher allowed for the Groupon to be redeemed within a range of dates, and did not ask you to choose a specific date, it can possibly be applied after it expires. The fine print will have to not include limitations on the value after expiration.
- Groupon Getaways vouchers will still retain their paid value after expiration. So, if you book a $300 hotel getaway that was worth $600, you will still be able to apply the $300 to the hotel for the same type of room(s) the voucher included. The same policy applies to Getaway tours, and the partner companies of these tours will be happy to work with you to help you book and use the paid value of your voucher. Please note that Groupon Getaways Booking Calendar Deals and Groupon Getaways Market Pick Deals have a cancellation policy stating the reservation is non-refundable after the deadline has passed.
Always read the fine print before purchasing a Groupon voucher to better understand what its limitations are.
Why Did GetHuman Write "What do I do if my Groupon voucher isn't working?"?
After thousands of Groupon customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What do I do if my Groupon voucher isn't working? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Groupon if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Groupon Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Groupon in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What do I do if my Groupon voucher isn't working? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked 5 months ago
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
my cell * is ***-***-*****please re issue return label for Dysom vacuum the label * Fed...
per return conversation ******** was issued a return usps label * ********. unable to...
WD Selness**Please help. Cashier at Sam's club redeemed my voucher without copying and...
I ordered * Groupons for printerpix.com the cart will only allow me to use one of the p...
Mintrx just called asking for an eight number voucher code. Groupon did not issue me a...