How Do I File My Taxes with H&r Block?
You can file your federal and state tax returns with H&R Block whether you are a student, a parent or an employee. However, you need to know the basics that revolve around filing these returns. The filing process involves several steps, and you can request a tax professional to help you.
How Do I File My Taxes With H&R Block?
Maybe filing taxes with H&R Block has not been easy for you. However, it should be easy because H&R Block has over 80,000 tax professionals who can help you. It was founded in 1955 by Richard Bloch and Henry Bloch, and it is headquartered in Kansas City, United States.
Parents, students and employees can file their taxes with H&R Block using different tax preparation packages. You can look at the price of each package in the price review list on H&R Block's official website. If your tax needs are simple, go for the free package.
A tax professional can guide you when filing taxes. However, you need to know the basics of filing taxes with H&R block. Below is a guide on how to file taxes with this company.
How to File Taxes With H&R Block
The process is simple. You need to understand every question asked when filing your returns to avoid filling in the wrong information. Filing taxes with H&R Block involves the following steps.
- Open the H&R Block official website. You can contact H&R Block to know more about its official website.
- Click on the "start return" option that appears. You will be required to enter your basic information in the blanks that appear.
- Save the previously entered information and review it when prompted to. After ensuring that you have entered all your basic information correctly, click the "finish and continue" option.
- You will be taken to the income section, where H&R Block will inquire about your previous year's income. Click "next" after reading the information provided at the beginning of this section.
- A page with several income items will appear. Click in the boxes beside the income items that applied to you in the previous year and click next. If you selected "wages from your job" as one of these items, you need to electronically upload your W-2 tax form.
- Fill in the information that is in your W-2 tax form if your form is not available electronically.
- Click on the "finished" option once done with uploading your W-2 tax form or filing the details on this form.
- In the next section, tick the boxes beside other income that you received in the previous year. If you do not have any, click next.
- H&R Block will then ask you if you received, sold, bought or sent any virtual currency in the previous year. Click "yes" if you did and "no" if you did not.
- You will be asked about your financial assets, foreign account and any income items that you have. Answer the questions accordingly. A table showing your taxable income will appear when done answering these questions. Make adjustments in your taxable income if there is a need.
- H&R Block will ask about your previous year's deductions, taxes, credits and miscellaneous. Answer the questions correctly.
- Click on the "finish" button when done entering this information. You will see the amount of federal taxes that you owe.
- Fill in all the required information in the next section, which is the state tax section.
- Click file returns once you are through with entering these details. H&R Block will file your federal and state returns successfully.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I File My Taxes with H&r Block?"?
After thousands of H&R Block customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I File My Taxes with H&r Block? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting H&R Block if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for H&R Block Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like H&R Block in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I File My Taxes with H&r Block? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked 9 months ago
Updated 9 months ago
Viewed 133,103 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
I have been informed that apparently my tax preparer person that was in Wichita Kansas...
I have taxes that were owed to me from two years ago and I guess it never completed fil...
Need to change information on how I would like to receive my tax return.*Checking accou...
I filed my taxes in a local office on march **th and the IRS excepted and is processing...
I recently attempted to purchase a TV with my Emerald Card, there was a hold placed and...
Paying Too Much for TV?
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Free: 888-379-2546Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers