How Do I View My Past Tax Returns with H&r Block?
This article describes how to view tax returns that you have done with H&R Block. Instructions are provided for viewing the returns on H&R Block's website. Instructions are also provided for getting transcripts of those returns from the IRS. Further instructions are provided for getting photocopies of those returns from the IRS.
If you need to view the past tax returns you have done with H&R Block, you have a few options available to you. You can get copies of your returns from H&R Block directly or from the IRS. Just use one of these procedures:
Getting Your Returns from H&R Block
- Go to H&R Block's home page.
- Click on the Sign In link in the navigation bar at the top of the screen.
- Sign in to your H&R Block account.
- Select My Taxes.
- Click on the Prior Years link in the upper right corner.
- Select the year you want to see the return for.
- Click on View My Tax Return. You will be taken to a display of that year's tax return.
Getting Return Transcripts from the IRS
- Go to the IRS's Get Transcript page, located here.
- Click on the Get Transcript Online button under the Request Online header.
- Log in to your IRS account, or sign up for one.
- Enter your social security number, birth date, filing status, and the mailing address you used on your latest tax return in the spaces provided.
- Provide an account number from a home equity loan, a mortgage, a credit card, a car loan, or a home equity credit line.
- Enter the number of a mobile phone in your name.
- Select the type of transcript you want.
Getting a Photocopy of Your Returns from the IRS
- Go to your local IRS office.
- Get Form 4506.
- Fill it out.
- Give it to a receptionist at the IRS.
- Pay a $50 fee for each return you want a copy of.
Please note that it may take up to 75 days for the IRS to process a request for a photocopy of your tax returns.
If you have any problems with viewing the returns you filed with H&R Block, contact their customer service. They have help desk, chat, email, and phone options.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I View My Past Tax Returns with H&r Block?"?
After thousands of H&R Block customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I View My Past Tax Returns with H&r Block? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting H&R Block if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for H&R Block Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like H&R Block in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I View My Past Tax Returns with H&r Block? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked 7 months ago
Updated 6 months ago
Viewed 164,244 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
Can not get my disk to install onto my Mac Desktop computer. When I insert the disk, it...
The IRS has sent me a Proposed Change to taxes due from my **** return, filed through H...
I received a letter in the mail from Colorado Department of Revenue that states I owe t...
I just received a refund of $*,***,** including $***.** in interest from my **** tax re...
I had h&r block do my ****,**** and my**** taxes and didn't receive some of the return...