Canceling your HomeAway listing can be a very important thing. You don't want someone showing up at your vacation rental property when it is not available. That'd be tragic. So, instead, we are going to show you how to cancel your HomeAway listing in this guide. This way, your vacation rental will not be listed and cannot be booked on HomeAway any longer.
Before you begin, you'll want to make sure you have the email address and password on file with HomeAway. Once you have your account login information, we'll be ready to begin!
Did you find your login information? If so, that's excellent! Let's begin:
1) First, you'll want to navigate to the HomeAway website. After you arrive, go ahead and click on the "Login" link at the top right-hand corner of the home page. After clicking that link, a drop-down menu appears. One of the links in the drop-down menu will be for the "Owner Login". Click that link.
2) After clicking the "Owner Login" link, you'll be brought to the HomeAway owner's login page. Enter your email address and password here and then click the blue "Log in" button.
3) After you have logged in, you'll see a list of menu options available. Click on the "My Account" option.
4) After clicking "My Account" you'll see a variety of links available for you to click that are relevant specifically to your HomeAway account. Click on the "Property details" link.
5) At this point, you will want to make sure that you click on the "auto-renew" button to turn off auto-renew on the listing you will be canceling. You don't want it to renew by accident somehow.
6) Next, you're going to click on the "Hide Listing" link. In the event you are using the Property Manager dashboard, you'll instead click on "Disable" from the drop-down menu that appears after you click on "Status" next to the property listing you're canceling.
7) Now you'll be able to choose the reason you are canceling or "hiding" the listing from the variety of options that are presented to you by HomeAway. This is helpful to give HomeAway feedback so they can improve their services.
8) You'll write the reason you're canceling under the "Provide more details" heading and then you click "Hide Listing". After clicking "Hide Listing" your listing will be successfully canceled on the HomeAway website.
9) Your listing will now no longer be visible to potential guests that are visiting the HomeAway website. It also will not renew on the expiration date that was previously specified for the particular listing that you canceled.
10) Please make sure you have logged into your HomeAway account and canceled any scheduled "payment requests".
11) Also, you'll likely want to email any travelers who have already booked your property and inform them that they'll need to contact you off of the HomeAway website. You can provide them with alternate contact information.
12) If for some reason you're still having trouble, click here to be put in touch directly with a human in the HomeAway customer service department.
After thousands of HomeAway.com customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Cancel My Listing on Homeaway? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting HomeAway.com if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like HomeAway.com in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Cancel My Listing on Homeaway? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies