What Questions Should I Ask Hughesnet When Shopping for an Internet Provider?
This article outlines a list of questions you should ask Hughesnet when shopping for internet service. It goes over tips on how to make sure you are fully engaged with the customer service representative and asking the right questions to make sure the product you get meets your particular needs. The article also provides two links to reach Hughesnet customer support and service.
There are a number of questions you can ask when shopping for an internet provider to minimize the stress of setting up internet service. Hughesnet is one of the nation's top internet providers. If you have decided on Hughesnet internet services, you can reach a customer service representative here, and below are a number of questions you can ask to make sure you're getting the best internet for your home or business.
What to Ask When You Call Hughesnet
- Ask the representative if they utilize DSL, cable or fiber optics for their internet service. What type of delivery method they utilize will determine the speed and efficiency of the service. DSL is the slowest of these three while fiber optics is much quicker and reliable.
- What are the Hughesnet internet plans to choose from? Do they provide service to your area?
- Let the customer service representative know what you are going to use the internet for and ask what would be the best plan to meet those needs. For example, you will need higher speed service for live streaming than for web browsing.
- Do they cap their data? If so, do they penalize customers who go over data caps either through higher fees or by slowing internet speeds down to low-speed data?
- What is the schedule for rate increases? Will you be able to lock in your quoted rate for more than 12 months? This is particularly important if you are getting a new customer special rate.
- What guarantees can they give you on internet speed rates? How do they make sure they are providing internet at the advertised speeds? What happens if the internet speeds drop below the rate you are paying for?
- Do they charge additional fees for equipment and installation? Is there an activation fee to set up your new service? Can these fees be waived or spread out over several payments?
- Are you required to use Hughesnet equipment or can you use your own? Be aware, when using your own equipment, you will likely not have access to Hughesnet technical support. However, it will save you money in equipment rental fees. Additionally, you will be responsible for equipment upgrades if you use your own equipment.
- Do they have bundles (for example internet and phone or internet and TV) that will save you money? If so, how do those bundles work?
- Do they have a contract for services and how long is the contract? What is the penalty for early termination? How do you renew a contract once it ends?
- Do they contract out their installation services or use Hughesnet employees? This can play a role in the equipment you are given at installation.
Avoid headaches down the road by asking these questions when you contact Hughesnet customer service. You can contact customer support here to get started on setting up internet today.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "What Questions Should I Ask Hughesnet When Shopping for an Internet Provider?"?
After thousands of Hughesnet customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What Questions Should I Ask Hughesnet When Shopping for an Internet Provider? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Hughesnet if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Hughesnet Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Hughesnet in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What Questions Should I Ask Hughesnet When Shopping for an Internet Provider? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.