What Do I Do If I Was Overcharged by Hulu?
This article discusses what to do if you get charges from Hulu that you do not believe are appropriate. A troubleshooting guide is included to help you determine where the charges are coming from, and if they warrant disputing them with Hulu. Hulu's contact information is given to begin the dispute process.
If you have recently noticed that you are getting charges from Hulu that you don't think should have been made, you can dispute these charges with Hulu. Before disputing them, though, you should first figure out why the charges are there. Some of these charges might truly be inappropriate, but it is also possible that they are valid charges that you simply didn't realize were coming. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Did I recently add a new payment method to my account? If so, Hulu will sometimes place an authorization hold on your account while they get things sorted out. This looks like a charge.
- Is the charge just a little higher than my usual Hulu bill? If so, you may be getting a new tax applied to your bill. Go to your account page to see if this is the case.
- Did I sign up for a Hulu service with a promotion? Once the period of the promotion ends, you start getting charged the full rate. If you forgot about the promotion, this might take you by surprise.
- Did I recently make a change to my Hulu subscription? This could be the source of the charge.
- Did somebody gain access to my account? Look at your Recently Watched list. If there are titles that you know you did not watch, then somebody else has plainly accessed your account. They may have made some charges. You need to contact Hulu right away to inform them of what has happened.
- Did I recently cancel my account? Maybe you intended to but forgot to actually do it. Try to log in and see if your account is still active.
Once you have done your best to figure out where the charge has come from and you are sure that it should not have been made, you should contact Hulu to dispute it. Hulu has a customer service phone line and a help forum.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "What Do I Do If I Was Overcharged by Hulu?"?
After thousands of Hulu customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What Do I Do If I Was Overcharged by Hulu? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Hulu if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Hulu Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Hulu in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What Do I Do If I Was Overcharged by Hulu? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked 4 months ago
Viewed 58,507 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
No audio on Hulu... ok on regular tv
I cannot get in touch with a non-recording live person. I want to cancel my Hulu on th...
I am not happy with all the pride commercials I am being forced to watch while viewing...
I'd like to cancel hulu and dont know how
Got a charge from hulu* don't remember signing up as I don't use the service. I would l...
Paying Too Much for Cable?
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies