IKEA is usually faced with many orders and other logistical issues every day. This means that sometimes, a problem may occur with your order that may require you to get assistance. Here is a guide on the most common issues faced when ordering on IKEA, and how to contact IKEA about them:
You Are Having a Problem Ordering Online
Here are the most common hitches to happen when you are trying to order online:
- The most common thing to happen is when you have ordered, but your order mysteriously disappears.
- Your payment method is taking too long t process your payment.
- You cannot see the "Pay" tab on the website
- Your cart shows full, and you have not bought enough items to fill up your cart.
For the above problems, you have two options. The first option would be to visit your local IKEA store to check whether you can get your product there. The second option would be to contact IKEA and ask for technical support through the customer care team.
You Would like to Cancel Your Order
Sometimes after realizing that your order has a problem, you may wish to cancel it altogether. If you do realize this, you should call the customer care team as soon as possible. Cancellation is, however, not a guarantee. It is dependent on how far your order has been processed in the system. If your cancellation occurs less than two days from when the delivery was due, you will need to refuse the delivery. If it happens after delivery, you have 365 days to return the item to any collection point or IKEA store.
You Have Not Been Refunded for a Cancelled Order
Sometimes you may be forced to cancel an order that you have already placed. IKEA is supposed to refund you in case this happens. However, sometimes the payment is delayed or has not taken place within the specified time frame. For such cases, you should directly contact IKEA's customer care team.
Your Package Is Missing a Part
There is nothing as annoying as getting half of what you have ordered. Your excitement in receiving the package is entirely dampened by the realization that you cannot use what you had ordered. Here is what you can do if your order is missing something:
- Ensure that you have received all the packages for your item, especially for the things that are sold separately. To verify how many packages you should be expecting, check the product label.
- If you are missing a package, go ahead and contact IKEA via email.
- Let the subject of your email read "My IKEA Delivery."
- If you prefer to not email, you can visit your local IKEA store. Be sure to bring your receipt and product information with you.
IKEA's Return Policy
If you have a problem with your order and wish to return it, here is a breakdown of IKEA's Return Policy:
- You can return your purchase within 365 days of buying it. You need to present proof of purchase if at all you want a full refund.
- The receipt of your refund will be in the same form of payment that you used to make the purchase.
- Refunds cannot be made if the item you purchased is found to be dirty, stained, damaged, or abused.
- You need to present a valid photo ID for all returns to be affected.
- Returns made at your local store are totally free. For larger items, you can contact IKEA for pickup services. You should note that this service is not available in all regions.
If contacting the customer care team is not fruitful, you can also choose to contact IKEA's help desk.
After thousands of Ikea customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Let Ikea Know About a Problem with My Order? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Ikea if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Ikea in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Let Ikea Know About a Problem with My Order? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.