How Do I Cancel My Jetblue Airlines Flight and Get a Refund or Credit?
Refundable fares are more expensive than non-refundable due to their flexibility in case you wish to cancel your JetBlue Airlines flight and get a refund or credit. The same scenario is real for Blue Extra Fares concerning flight tickets in the other fare options. GetHuman offers profound information about JetBlue and other corporations that will help you to faster service delivery on queries regarding flight ticket purchases, cancelations, and changes.
JetBlue Airlines is the sixth-largest airline based in the United States, averaging 1000 flights daily to various destinations, mostly in North and Central America. The airline presents customers with several fare options, namely Blue Basic, Blue, and Blue Plus or Blue Extra. It further classifies the flight ticket into refundable and non-refundable fares.
Several circumstances, including sickness and other emergencies may arise and compel you to make changes or cancel your flight travel plans. When faced with such a situation, JetBlue Airlines has an elaborate procedure on how to effect those changes.
Here is a guide on how you can cancel your JetBlue Airlines flight and get a refund or credit:
How do I cancel my JetBlue Airlines flight and get a refund or credit?
This ticket does not attract a cancellation fee. Also, canceling your flight before the scheduled departure time has an advantage since it enables the airline to process your refund in full to the original form of payment.
- Visit the JetBlue Airlines website (jetblue.com)
- From the homepage, click on the "Sign in" tab to access your TrueBlue account.
- Enter your email address, followed by your password and click on "Sign in."
- Click on the "My Trips," then select "Manage Flights."
- Enter the booking number, your surname, and where applicable, the surname of your flight companion(s), and submit
- Select the flight that you wish to cancel and click on "Continue."
- Confirm that you've chosen the correct flight, and click on the "Refund" tab, where the page will prompt you to provide your bank details
- Select your bank, enter the correct credit card details, and then submit to complete your refund claim
- Feel free to check your phone for a confirmation of the refund
- The airline will issue your refund as a JetBlue travel credit in case you fail to cancel your flight before the scheduled departure time. You may use this credit for future travel on a JetBlue flight within one year from the date of issuance.
The procedure is similar to that of processing a refundable ticket outlined above. However, there are a few variations:
- A cancellation fee is applied on your flight ticket based on your fare option
- You should cancel your flight before the scheduled departure time or else, the airline will treat you as a no-show and forfeit the entire amount associated with your flight
- Cancellations on this ticket will be refunded into your JetBlue travel credit that's valid for a JetBlue flight within one year from the date of issuance.
- If you book your flight at least seven days before the departure date, you'll have 24 hours from the original booking time to cancel your reservation without incurring a cancellation fee.
- The airline waives cancellation fees for members with a TrueBlue Mosaic status, the elite members with JetBlue, and their companions
- Cancellation fees depend on the fare option you purchased. Blue Basic fares are not eligible for voluntary cancellations. On the other hand, Blue Extra Fares attract no fees to cancel your reservation before departure; however, your refund will be issued as a JetBlue air-only credit.
- These fare options also apply to TrueBlue redemption-points bookings. You should pay the cancellation fee comparable to the cash value of your flight ticket purchased using TrueBlue points, and the points will be deposited back into your TrueBlue account.
- Extra or ancillary purchases such as Even More® Space, Even More, ® Speed, and additional bag fees are only eligible for a refund if you cancel the entire booking before departure.
- For JetBlue Vacations, cancellations can only be made over the phone.
You can also contact the JetBlue customer service to help you cancel your JetBlue Airlines flight and get a refund or credit. It's prudent to acknowledge that canceling a reservation over the phone will cost you a non-refundable fee. Thus, it's always preferable to use the online method.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Cancel My Jetblue Airlines Flight and Get a Refund or Credit?"?
After thousands of JetBlue customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Cancel My Jetblue Airlines Flight and Get a Refund or Credit? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting JetBlue if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for JetBlue Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like JetBlue in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Cancel My Jetblue Airlines Flight and Get a Refund or Credit? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.