How Do I File a Lost Baggage Claim with Jetblue Airlines?
Lost baggage doesn't have to feel like the end of the world, although it is understandable. You want your stuff back and having to replace it might get expensive. Filing a claim is easy and you can do so with a JetBlue crewmember while you are still at the airport or you can call JetBlue. As long as you file within four hours of landing, your claim can still be valid.
So, you've made your booking with JetBlue and already touched down in the airport. You go to retrieve your baggage but you don't see them. Your baggage is possibly lost. What do you do? First thing is not to panic and to contact JetBlue within four hours of landing to file a claim.
Making the Claim and Follow-up
When you've lost your baggage, your baggage was damaged, or you feel you've encountered a delay, you have three options when it comes to making a claim with JetBlue, but you have four hours from landing to file the claim.
- While at the airport, locate a JetBlue crewmember to file or
- Call the Central Baggage Service at the airport at their number. The directory is located here https://www.jetblue.com/at-the-airport/airport-information.
- Call the main Central Baggage services office here. They are available from 5 A.M. until Midnight ET, seven days a week. They are also the ones to contact to follow-up on your claim.
Related Issues- Lost and Found
- For items you feel you may have left on the plane, it's important to file a lost and found claim immediately with a JetBlue crewmember. If you've already left the airport, you can file a lost and found claim here https://app.nettracer.aero/lf-pax/jetblue/lostandfound/landing.
- JetBlue will continue to look for your missing item for 30 days and will email you with any updates. You will also receive an email with instructions once your item is found.
- If found, you will be sent an email link to have your item shipped to you. However, you will be responsible for the shipping charges.
- For damaged bags, the same procedure applies as with the lost baggage. Contact JetBlue by either speaking with a crew member at the airport or call to file your claim, either one must be done within four hours of landing.
- Please note that JetBlue has limited liability when it comes to damaged bags. Damage as a result of baggage being overweight or oversized, or normal wear and tear such as scuff marks or scratches will not be reimbursed. Jetblue is also not responsible for damage incurred during normal shifting in the baggage hold.
- Visit https://www.jetblue.com/legal for full disclosure of liability limits.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I File a Lost Baggage Claim with Jetblue Airlines?"?
After thousands of JetBlue customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I File a Lost Baggage Claim with Jetblue Airlines? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting JetBlue if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for JetBlue Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like JetBlue in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I File a Lost Baggage Claim with Jetblue Airlines? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.