How Do I Fix an Error on My Booking with Jetblue Airlines?
Although there are certain rules in place regarding when and how you can fix errors on your booking, the process is more streamlined than it appears. The main thing to remember is that fees may apply to changes, but not to cancellations made within 24 hours of the original booking. Also, keeping in mind your payment method and fare type can help you find out how to change your booking and how much it could cost you.
So you just booked a flight or vacation package on JetBlue? Congratulations. JetBlue is one of the largest low-cost fare airlines in North America. And if you need to change your booking, there's some things to keep in mind. Not all changes can be done online and you might have to pay a fee. Let's take a look.
Online Cancellation Drop Window
- If the error on your booking includes cancelling it, then you have 24 hours from making the original booking to cancel it without incurring a fee. This only applies to bookings made at least 7 days ahead of your scheduled departure date.
- The entire booking must be cancelled and JetBlue Vacation reservations don't apply.
Online Change or Modifications
- Not eligible for a credit card refund
- Cancellation fees still apply even if the booking is changed within the 24 hour window.
- After submitting your changes or cancellations, you will see a wait page, then a confirmation page followed by a new email with your original confirmation number.
Cancellation Fee Schedule Based on Fare
- Blue Basic is not eligible for voluntary changes or cancellations.
- Blue and Blue Plus currently has a minimum of a $75 per-person fee for fares under $100 plus the difference in the fare and they go up to $200 per-person for fares over $200 plus the difference in the fare. Please go to JetBlue.com for more information as fees can change.
- Blue Extra has no cancellation or modification fee, just pay the difference in fare.
Ineligible for Online Changes
- Reservations that used JetBlue Voucher or travel certificate. Please also note that travel credits can be applied to change or cancellation fees as well as difference in fare, but they can't be applied to other fees like extra baggage or pet fees.
- Reservations with a special service request or a different city for the return flight than the outbound flight. Please call a reservations specialist here.
- TrueBlue redemption bookings. Please call JetBlue here. Keep in mind that the number of points you redeemed can help you look for the best price in points but the number of point you use for the booking may be higher or lower than your previous booking. Please also note that change fees apply according to fare type.
If you booked through a travel agent, then it's possible to manage your trip online or contact the travel agent to make the needed changes. Please note if you call, there is a $50 one-time per-person service fee for a JetBlue agent to make changes to a travel agency booking.
Making the Available Changes
- Go to JetBlue.com and click on My Trips, then click on Manage Trips.
- Then either log into your account or search for your flight by confirmation code and last name.
- You should see your account dashboard with your most recent booking listed at the top. Select the booking if needed to make changes to it. You'll be able to know of the type of changes you can make by the buttons or links next to your booking.
- Please verify your booking is eligible for changes or a cancellation first, if it is and you're still not able to make changes, contact JetBlue.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Fix an Error on My Booking with Jetblue Airlines?"?
After thousands of JetBlue customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Fix an Error on My Booking with Jetblue Airlines? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting JetBlue if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for JetBlue Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like JetBlue in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Fix an Error on My Booking with Jetblue Airlines? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.