Jio is an Indian network that provides 4G LTE network in 22 telecom circles. Its popularity stems from the high-quality voice calls and unlimited data plans at affordable prices. It is one of the best networks in India. If you wish, you can transfer your Jio data to a different account.
Can I Transfer My Jio Recharge to a Different Jio SIM?
It is possible to transfer your recharge voucher but you cannot transfer the recharged amount. There are two ways to recharge your Jio number. One option is to recharge your number from the recharge section. The recharge will activate your existing plan. You may also buy your recharge voucher on the voucher section. Your version will activate as you redeem it. The recharge will only start to work after you redeem it. It is possible to transfer this balance to a different number.
Transferring Jio Data to a Different SIM
If you wish, you may transfer your Jio balance to a different Jio account. Jio allows you to enjoy unlimited voice calls and 1.5GB daily data. You cannot transfer your balance if it is from an unlimited pack. If you wish to transfer your balance, you may need to go to the MyJio app and recharge your account. You may also use the app if there is no USSD service.
Follow these steps to transfer your balance from one Jio account to another.
1. Make sure that your data is active
2. Sign in with your SIM
3. Install the app MyJio
4. Open the app and click on the option 'Sign in with SIM'
5. Your Jio App Dashboard should appear at the top left of your screen
6. Click on the menu bar
7. Select the option 'My Vouchers'
8. Add the Jio plan you wish on your mobile number. You may pay by net banking, Debit Card, or Paytm.
9. Add your voucher number and you should be able to transfer your balance to a different Jio number.
10. Click on the transfer button and follow the instructions
If you are unable to transfer your data from one Jio number to another, you may need to contact the customer support team for help.
Linking and Managing Multiple Numbers
If you wish to manage your numbers, you can do it using the MyJio app. Another option is to use the 'My Account' option on the website. When your accounts are linked, it is easy to check the balance, usage details, and validity of your balance.
Managing Your Numbers on the MyJio App
1. Sign to the MyJio app
2. Click on the 'Link new Account' option on the home page
3. Enter the number you wish to link and validate the OTP
4. If you wish to link a JioLink number or JioFi, enter your number and validate the OTP.
Using Jio.com to Manage Your Numbers
1. Log in to the site through OTP
2. Tap on the drop-down option on the tab with your number
3. Click on the option 'Add Account' and enter the number you want to add
4. Click on the option 'Get OTP'
5. Enter your OTP against the Jio number you have entered
6. You will receive a confirmation to let you know that the process was successful
7. You can select the added account from your dropdown
If you have trouble transferring your Jio data to a different account, you should contact the Jio customer support team for help. There are plenty of ways to contact the customer team. Calling is the best option as you get to speak with an agent.
After thousands of Jio customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together Can I transfer my Jio data to another account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Jio if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Jio in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our Can I transfer my Jio data to another account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.