You go into work to find you've been fired, or had your hours reduced. What do you do? The last thing you want to do is panic. It's better to look into unemployment benefits, if you qualify and how to apply. This guide will show you how to apply for unemployment with the Kentucky Office of Employment and Training.
Eligibility and Basic Tips
1. You lost your job due to no fault of your own.
2. You are ready, willing and able to seek work.
3. You file your claim during the same week you lost your job. If you file later, your claim may still be processed but you can lose benefits.
4. If you're idle for 50 minutes online while filing your claim, your session will time out and you will have to log back in.
5. All the required questions must be answered and your claim must be submitted for your claim to be processed.
6. The online claims system is available Monday through Friday 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. Notice will be given if the site is down for scheduled maintenance. You will also be shown a claim filing schedule based on last initial.
7. Although you can save your application to complete later but your application will be erased if not completed and submitted by midnight Eastern Time on Saturday.
8. If you have any further questions or need help, their customer service can be reached here.
1. Your social security number and complete mailing address.
2. Your date of birth and phone number.
3. Your 18 month employment history including names, addresses, phone numbers, and first and last dates worked for each employer, and reason you are no longer working for each employer.
4. If you are a non U.S citizen, you will need your alien registration number.
5. Applicants who were in the military need their DD-214 member 4.
6. Applicants who worked for the federal government need either SF-8 or SF-50.
Filing Online And Requesting Payments
1. Go to http://www.kewes.ky.gov/ and click on the Unemployment Services option on the left or the red button marked For Information About And to File for Unemployment Insurance, Click Here.
2. If you clicked the red button, you will need to scroll down until you see the orange button. If you clicked on the Unemployment Services option, you will need to also review the information presented and scroll down to Unemployment Insurance Services and then File or Access your unemployment insurance claim. Feel free to review any links if you're not ready to apply yet.
3. After clicking on the claim filing option, you will see a page with more information and an I Agree button at the bottom to click.
4. A new window will pop up, prompting you to sign in to an existing account or create a new account. There is also a link in case you forgot your PIN.
5. Follow the prompts to file and submit your claim. Keep in mind to save your application if you need to come back later.
6. Request payment by logging into your account and clicking on the request payment option.
File By Phone
1. Please call them here Mondays through Fridays between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Eastern.
2. You can also call them to request your biweekly payment.
Keywords: Apply for UI in Kentucky, Kentucky Unemployment Claim help
Summary: Applying for unemployment insurance can be nerve-wracking and an anxious hassle but there are tools to help. You can call their customer service or review the links online. You can also apply by phone or online as well as track your claim and request benefit payments.
After thousands of Kentucky Office of Employment and Training customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Claim Unemployment Benefits with the Kentucky Office of Employment and Training? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Kentucky Office of Employment and Training if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Kentucky Office of Employment and Training in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Claim Unemployment Benefits with the Kentucky Office of Employment and Training? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Call our Free Concierge and we will compare service and plans in your new home area and schedule all setup for the same day- free of charge! Get a better deal on all your services in 1 call, and let us make scheduling easy for you.Call Free: 888-959-6783Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers and schedule multiple technicians