The Amazon Kindle is an electronic tablet that makes it possible for you to buy and download reading material including; books, newspapers, and magazines. You may also use Kindle for reading blogs, playing games, and more. Amazon allows you to reset your password if you forgot it. Follow these steps to recover your password and regain access to your account;
1. Go to the log in option
2. Find the option 'Forgot Your Password' and click on it
3. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the process
4. Once you reset your password, it becomes active immediately. You can continue to use your Kindle account
If you changed your phone number or email address, contact the support team and ask them to help you reset your password and recover your account.
If You Forgot Your Kindle Passcode
If you don't remember your passcode, you may need to reset your device. The process will remove all your Wi-Fi settings, Amazon account information, personal information, and downloaded content.
Resetting the passcode for your Kindle e-reader model 6th generation or newer
1. Click on the passcode field
2. Type in the numbers 111222777
3. Click 'Ok'
Resetting Kindle Keyboard (third-generation) or Kindle (fifth generation)
1. Click on the passcode field and type 'resetmykindle"
2. Press 'Enter'
If you bought anything from Amazon, it is saved to the cloud. You can re-download it after you register your Kindle. If your purchases are not saved in the cloud, you must transfer them before you reset your Kindle.
If you don't remember your parental controls password, it is possible to recover it if you reset your Kindle. Enter 111222777 as the password.
Follow these simple steps to reset your Kindle
1. Select 'Menu' from home
2. Click 'Settings'
3. Click on the 'Menu' option again and then 'Reset Device' or 'Reset to Factory Defaults' depending on your device
Recovering a Deleted Kindle
Amazon keeps a list of e-books that you purchased from Amazon. You can always access the books even after you have deleted them. Follow these steps to restore a deleted book.
1. Connect your Kindle to a wireless network
2. Click on the 'Home' button
3. Click 'Archived Items' using your five-way navigation button
4. Highlight the book you would like to recover
5. Press right on the navigation button
6. Press its center button to start the process
Recovering Your Deleted Kindle on Your Computer
1. Log in to your Amazon account
2. Point to the option 'Your Account' and then click 'Manage Your Kindle'
3. Click on the option 'Actions' next to the title of the book you want to recover
4. Click 'Deliver to My' or 'Download &Transfer via USB'
On the drop-down menu, select your Kindle and click 'Deliver.' Your book will automatically download when you connect to the internet. Click 'Download' if you chose the USB option. Save the file and you can transfer it to the Kindle when it is connected to the USB charging cable.
Generally, the best way to recover your Kindle if you are in doubt is by asking the customer support agents. They will guide you through the relevant steps.
There are many options to contact Kindle if you need help. The best option to reach them is on the phone. You will be connected with a customer care representative that may help you address your concerns. Phone support is also the only way to get help from Kindle. Be polite and patient and you will soon get the help you need. Kindle does not offer support on their social media sites.
After thousands of Kindle customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Recover My Kindle Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Kindle if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Kindle in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Recover My Kindle Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.