If you forgot the Master Password of your LastPass account, you can recover it in a few steps. You may recover your account on both Android and iOS. It is impossible to recover your account by contacting the support team.
Using Mobile Account Recovery for Your Device
Whether you use LastPass on your web browser, desktop, or mobile app, you should set up Face ID or Touch ID to use account recovery for your Android or iOS device.
Recovery Using a Password Hint
You may use a password hint to reset your Master password. When creating the password, you are asked to create a hint. If you have it, navigate o the website and enter your email address. When you click on the option 'Send Hint,' a clue will be sent to your email address. If you have enabled secondary security in your email, you may not receive the message.
Revert to an Old Password
Reverting to an old password is another effective way of recovering your account. This option allows you to enter a previously used password. The following are a few important things to keep in mind when reverting to an old password;
1. If your latest Master Password change happened over 30 days after the last time it was changed, you cannot recover your account by reverting the password
2. If you successfully revert your password, your last Vault is restored to what it was before the password changed
This option is often used as a last resort after other methods fail. Follow these steps to restore your old password;
1. Navigate to the revert option on the site
2. Enter your email address and click 'Send Email'
3. You will receive an email with a link to revert your password
4. A new web browser window opens indicating the date your Master password was changed
5. Click 'OK'
6. You can use your old Master password to log in to your account
Recovery Using a One-Time Password (OTP)
If a password hint does not work, most people choose to use this method to recover their LastPass password. With this option, you won't lose any of your data.
If you have used a lot of computers to access your LastPass account,
The process may take longer than usual. Every computer or web browser you use you used to access your account needs a different recovery password. If, for example, you used two different computers and two web browsers on each, you will need six recovery passwords. Follow these steps to attempt a recovery;
1. Find the recovery option in the website
2. Enter your email address and click on the option 'Continue'
3. If you have SMS recovery, you will receive a verification code on text. If you enabled a security email but not SMS recovery, you will receive an email. Click on the link to continue the process
4. Click Press to Recover Account
5. You will be prompted to change your password. Click 'OK' to continue
6. Enter your new password and a password hint
7. Click 'Confirm'
If you need help from LastPass, the best option is to contact them on the phone. The customer support representatives are friendly and helpful. They will help you resolve your issue in a few simple steps.
If you don't need to speak with a customer care agent, you may seek support on the help desk. It has plenty of targeted tips and suggestions that may help you address your problem. On the help desk, a customer care agent may direct you to continue communication on a different platform.
After thousands of LastPass customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Recover Access to My Lastpass Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting LastPass if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like LastPass in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Recover Access to My Lastpass Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.