How Do I Recover My Linkedin Account If I No Longer Have Access to the Email on the Account?
This article describes what you need to do if you can no longer access your LinkedIn account because you can no longer access the email you linked to the account. Detailed instructions for the recovery procedure are provided. A government ID and a cell phone will be necessary to complete the instructions.
With the many service accounts that modern life requires you to have, it's easy enough sometimes to lose access to the email address you use for an important account like LinkedIn. Just dropping or losing your phone could get you locked out of your account if the phone was the only place you accessed the account email. Losing your job can get you locked out too, if you were using your work email for your LinkedIn profile. If you have lost access to your LinkedIn account and you no longer have access to the email that you linked to the account, just follow these instructions.
- Take a picture of your state ID card, driver's license, or passport using your cell phone. The picture must be a close up that is completely clear and legible.
- Go to LinkedIn's home page.
- Click on the Help Center link under the General header at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the No Access to Email Address link in the middle of the page.
- Click on the link labeled "Follow this link to verify your identity," near the bottom of the page.
- In the text box provided, enter the email address associated with the account, if you remember it. Enter the phone number associated with the account if you don't. This information will help LinkedIn locate your account.
- Click on the link labeled "I don't have access to my email address."
- Enter the new email address you want to be associated with your account.
- Send the picture of your ID. LinkedIn will process your request and, after they have verified your ID, they will notify you using the new email access you have provided.
If these instructions are not enough to resolve the problem, then you will need to call LinkedIn's customer service number. You can find it here. The customer service lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Recover My Linkedin Account If I No Longer Have Access to the Email on the Account?"?
After thousands of LinkedIn customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Recover My Linkedin Account If I No Longer Have Access to the Email on the Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting LinkedIn if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for LinkedIn Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like LinkedIn in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Recover My Linkedin Account If I No Longer Have Access to the Email on the Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked a year ago
Updated 10 months ago
Viewed 843,666 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
Took money from my account even when the subscription was cancelled. And on the platfor...
Hello sir. Please, we haven't been accessing our account for half a day for the follow...
je souhaiterais me faire rembourser de mon abonnement mensuel * Sales Navigator qui a c...
Not all of my LinkedIn posts show the number of views. Is there any way I can view the...
My account is not opening,, i m putting right email then too, its says this email doesn...