A LinkedIn Premium account gives you access to features like InMail, premium insights on job postings and LinkedIn pages, and a full list of who's viewed your profile. LinkedIn Premium is a great service for recruiters and for individuals looking for a new job opportunity.
However, if you have signed up for a LinkedIn Premium subscription and no longer have a need for it, you can choose to cancel it at any time. Note that when you cancel your premium account, you will not be able to sign up for the one-month free trial again for another 12 months.
To cancel your LinkedIn premium subscription on a desktop browser:
1. Log onto your account at LinkedIn.com.
2. Click on the 'Me' icon in the top right corner.
3. Select 'Premium Subscription Settings' from the drop-down list of choices.
4. Choose 'Manage Premium Account' in the top right.
5. Choose 'Continue to Cancel' button.
If you cannot find your subscription here, it can mean you purchased it from another vendor, such as iTunes.
If you purchased your subscription via the LinkedIn for iPhone app, follow these steps to cancel your LinkedIn premium subscription through iOS:
1. On your phone, go to your settings - your name - iTunes & App store.
2. Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
3. Tap 'View Apple ID.' You may need to sign in to your Apple account at this point.
4. Scroll to your Subscriptions, then select it.
5. Tap the LinkedIn Premium subscription.
6. Use the 'Options' selection and choose cancel subscription.
To cancel your LinkedIn Premium subscription purchased via the Apple store, on a desktop, follow these steps:
1. Open iTunes.
2. At the top of the screen, choose 'Account' and then 'View My Account.'
3. Login to your account.
4. On the Account Information page, go to 'Settings' and to the right of the 'Subscriptions' click on 'Manage.'
5. Select 'Edit' and use the options to choose 'cancel subscription'.
Note that LinkedIn cannot cancel a Premium subscription purchased through the LinkedIn for iPhone app. You will need to contact Apple for refunds or payment inquiries.
If you do not see your subscription for your LinkedIn premium subscription on your Apple account this could be an indicator it is being billed through some other vendor than Apple. Click here to find out what to do if you still can't view your subscription.
At this time, you cannot cancel your LinkedIn premium subscription directly through an Android device. You will need to use a desktop to cancel instead.
Lastly, here is some more key information for when you cancel your LinkedIn premium subscription:
After thousands of LinkedIn customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I cancel LinkedIn premium? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting LinkedIn if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like LinkedIn in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I cancel LinkedIn premium? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.