Cyber Monday sales are a combination of exhilarating and stressful as far as being a quest for the perfect gift. But what if you need to return your purchase? Keep in mind each retailer will have their own shipping policies and reviewing them will give you an idea of how to handle returns. This guide will show you how to return such purchases made at Lowe's.
Initiating a Return
1. Go to Lowes.com and log into your account.
2. Go to your order history to initiate the return.
3. If you need help or have questions, please call Lowe's customer service here.
Policy for In-store Returns
Lowe's has a return policy that is unique for different products and circumstances. Visit https://www.lowes.com/l/returns-policy to learn more but you will find a quick overview below.
1. New and unused items have a window of 90 days from purchase date, with proof of purchase, before they must be returned to a Lowe's location anywhere in the U.S.
2. Winter holiday items must have their return initiated on or before December 26 of the same holiday season.
3. In case of lost receipt, your purchase information can be retrieved by original credit card, checking account or MyLowe's card, or your phone number. If not, you will be issued instore credit for the item's current selling price.
4. Returns to a store location without a valid receipt require a valid photo ID, like a driver's license or state issued ID.
5. There are some items which must be returned within 30 days in like new condition with a valid receipt. These items include but are not restricted to, TVs and electronics, major appliances, outdoor power equipment, special orders, and highway trailers.
6. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
7. Refunds for the remaining balance only to lost or stolen Lowe's gift cards can only be initiated with the original receipt. Refunds to third-party gift cards, like Visa or MasterCard, are not possible.
8. Products that use or contain hazardous materials, like flammable liquids, or contain lithium batteries, must be returned in-store. Returns by mail are not accepted for these items.
Lowes.com Return Policy
Most of Lowes.com purchases include a shipping label in case a return is requested, but if your item didn't include a shipping label, please bring it to a Lowe's store location for the return. Please keep in mind that Lowes.com returns are still subject to the same return policy.
1. Place the item in a sturdy shipping container and please only place items that are listed on the return slip in the container.
2. Please include all the manufacturer's original user manuals, package materials and accessories.
3. Detach, complete and include return slip in with your shipment and attach the provided shipping label to the package.
4. Either give the package to your local parcel carrier, if pickup is available or bring it to a shipping location, like your post office or parcel delivery service.
After thousands of Lowe's customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Return an Item to Lowe's from Their Cyber Monday Sale? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Lowe's if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Lowe's in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Return an Item to Lowe's from Their Cyber Monday Sale? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.