Nowadays companies make it harder and harder to contact them. Sometimes you just want to book a flight. Here's how to make a booking with Lufthansa.
Lufthansa is the largest airline in Germany. With its subsidiaries included, it is the largest airline in Europe by passenger number. Lufthansa flies to over 220 destinations worldwide.
Lufthansa is a great airline with which to travel. There are no hidden costs and the airline will send you regular updates about your trip.
Booking a trip on Lufthansa airlines can be done in several ways. The best way is to book your flight directly from Lufthansa's website.
You can make a flight reservation with Lufthansa on their website through the following process:
- Launch your web browser and open the Lufthansa website
- On the airline's homepage, select the city from which you want to depart and subsequently the airport from which the flight will depart
- Select your destination and the airport in which you will want to land in that city
- Choose whether you want a one way ticket, your departure and return date, the airplane class in which you will travel and the number of adults children and infants you will be travelling with. You will see the fare prices and how they vary with time
- Click 'Search Flights'
- You will be redirected to a page with a list of possible flights. You can categorize the flights by number of stops, duration and price. Select the one you find most attractive. You will be able to reserve your seats, choose the meals/dining options for the flight and see you luggage restrictions.
- After configuring your trip, the next step will be to enter passenger details where you will input your names, contact information and date of birth among others. You will also be able to make a special request or add a frequent flyer card.
- You will then proceed to choose a payment method and paying for the ticket. Lufthansa has more than 20 options through which you can pay for your flight
- Once you pay for the ticket you will receive a booking code and a confirmatory email.
- Download and print your ticket.
You can use your booking code to view and manage your flight. You can use it to reserve a hotel, rent a car or acquire travel insurance.
Moreover, you can decide to create an account at Lufthansa. Once you create an account at the airline's website, you can view and manage all your bookings directly from your account. You can also perform upgrades, reserve seats for status customers, request and receive special benefits and also enjoy automated check-in.
If you have any special requests for the airline you are advised to do so 48 hours before the flight is set to depart. Such requests include services you may require at the airport before departure, during the flight or on the ground once you land. Special requests include wheelchairs and support animals among others. Lufthansa customer support will do the best to fulfill your request but it is by no means a guarantee.
Contact Customer Support
You can also make a booking with Lufthansa by contacting their customer support department directly. You can reach them in the following ways:
Calling Lufthansa's customer support is the best way to reach them. Have all your personal details and payment information ready before making the call to book your flight. Ensure that that the representative sends you confirmation of the booking.
You can obtain Lufthansa's customer support phone number from GetHuman.
Though ill advised, you can make a booking with Lufthansa via email. It is not only slow but also inconvenient. However, if all other methods fail, you can try this one. You can use this avenue to reserve flights for a month or so.
You will find Lufthansa's customer support email address on GetHuman.
After thousands of Lufthansa customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Make a Booking with Lufthansa? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Lufthansa if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Lufthansa in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Make a Booking with Lufthansa? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.