What Do I Do If My Lyft Account Is on Hold?
This article describes what to do if a hold has been placed on your Lyft account. The instructions provided here apply to both Lyft drivers and Lyft passengers. Potential reasons for why a hold was placed on your account are also provided. A way to contact Lyft directly to dispute a deactivation is given as well.
There are a few reasons why your Lyft account can be deactivated. If you drive for Lyft, your account can be deactivated for breaking any laws while driving, driving under the influence, having your license expire, violating Lyft's discrimination policy, having a very bad review given to you by a passenger, and also for other reasons. If you are a Lyft passenger, you can get your account deactivated because of dangerous behavior in a Lyft vehicle, compromised account access, and for other reasons. If your Lyft account has been placed on hold and you do not believe you have violated any of Lyft's rules, then follow the instructions below to try to get your account reactivated.
- Go to Lyft's home page.
- Click on the Help link at the top of the page.
- Click on Profile and Account Info.
- Click on My Account Is Deactivated under the Account Issues header.
- Clock on the Contact Support button at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your email address and phone number in the text fields provided for them
- In the Subject text field, type something about your account being deactivated.
- Click on the What Do You Need Help With menu.
- Select "I'm a passenger" or "I'm a driver," whichever is appropriate.
- Select Profile and Account Settings.
- Select Can't Log In.
- Select "Received account disabled message." A text field will appear.
- Enter a message to Lyft about your account being deactivated, and provide them with any details you believe are relevant. The greater the number of details, the easier it will be to get this resolved. This is also the place to ask them any questions you have.
- Attach any pictures or files you have that you think would be relevant.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Open the email account you have associated with your Lyft account.
- Open the reply email that Lyft sent you. If your account has been reactivated, then follow the instructions the email provides.
If this is not enough to resolve the problem, then you should try contacting Lyft directly. They do not have a phone number, but they do have an online Help Desk. You can find a link to it here.
It is possible that Lyft will have to conduct an investigation before deciding whether to reactivate your account. They may even initially decide to no allow you to reactivate it. Keep contacting them via the Help Desk if you need to. If you feel that Lyft has not considered all of your evidence or arguments, ask to have a supervisor look into the matter.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "What Do I Do If My Lyft Account Is on Hold?"?
After thousands of Lyft customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What Do I Do If My Lyft Account Is on Hold? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Lyft if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Lyft Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Lyft in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What Do I Do If My Lyft Account Is on Hold? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked 4 months ago
Updated 2 months ago
Viewed 221,431 times
reactivate Lyft account
Lyft account deactivated
remove Lyft hold
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
I would like to remove my debit card from my account. I have two other payment methods...
Why is my Account disabled when I was being racially profiled and disrespected by a rac...
Get **** Earnings Statement. I need the statement to file my taxes.
There was no available Lyft so I canceled and I’m still charged judy a Puckett **********
Hi iam Nasimullah I need to contact you but I don’t know how to contact you *I need ver...