What are the car requirements for Lyft?
A simple 3 step guide for solving this common Lyft problem quickly and effectively by GetHuman
You can check with Lyft on your specific case by contacting them here (https://gethuman.com/contact/Lyft)
However, here is a breakdown that covers the majority of Lyft's vehicle requirements:
1. Lyft currently requires your car be 12 years or newer. Unless you live in Seattle, Portland, Washington D.C., and Minneapolis-St. Paul (10 years) or Pittsburgh (8 years).
2. The car needs to have 4 doors
3. All signals, lights, high beams, hazards, turn signals, brakes, fog lamps, and other lights must work.
4. The A/C and heater must work
5. Fully operational windows are required
6. While some limited leeway is allowed generally you need to make sure there are no cracks in windshield, windows, or mirrors.
7. Body and paintwork must be in good condition
8. A working horn is required
9. Tire tread depth must fit Abraham Lincoln's on a penny head within all parts of the tread
10. Tailpipe and mufflers must work properly.
11. Seat belts and seat adjustments must be working The discretion of your mentor might make a difference on minor things like light damage to the body of the car for example.
Author:The GetHuman TeamJanuary 15th, 2016
About this Step by Step Guide
After thousands of Lyft customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem, along with others, we decide it was high time to publish instructions. Here are just a few examples of the types of questions we were being asked or problems reported by users like you: What are the car requirements for Lyft?; We left our iPhone in our Lyft last night. We really need it back due to the data !!; I cancelled my ride pretty early and you guys still took ** dollars out my; Need charged transaction documentation sent to email; Unknown charge to my checking account causing overdraft fee; A driver was a real jerk, I don't think he should be driving at all!!!... So we put together this guide to try to help. It has 3 step(s) to it. It takes an average of 11 minutes to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Lyft. And we tried to include a checklist of information you'll need when you try to fix this yourself. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with this.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Lyft Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Lyft that helps customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. If you have other problems or questions and you can't find the solution here, please let us know. We are writing new step by step guides every day for problems like this. And if you spot any issues with our What are the car requirements for Lyft? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Help from a Live Expert
We partner with a West Coast company with live support techs available 24/7. Take advantage of a special $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a real, live person now!Chat With an Expert
LyftContact LyftLyft Customer ServiceMore Lyft How To GuidesSimilar Problems Reported by Others
GetHuman shows free information and tools to help customers contact Lyft and solve Lyft customer service problems faster.