MSN accounts are not as popular as they once were but people still use them for various purposes. Most people who have MSN accounts use them to get help for their Microsoft/Windows issues.
Account recovery issues typically pertain to problems occurring when trying to access the account. Such issues can include forgetting the account password, lack of access to the account's email address or resetting the password when you think your account has been hacked.
In any of the above scenarios, knowing the steps necessary to recover your account will be crucial. By following a few simple steps, you can get Microsoft to help you so that you regain access to your account.
There are several ways through which you can recover your MSN account. The method you use to recover your account will depend on why you cannot access it.
Forgot your email address
If you forgot your email address or no longer have access, there are steps you can take to regain access to your account. Before you begin the process, you will need an active email address through which you can receive the requisite information. You may have to open a new one in order to recover your account.
You can recover your account by following this process:
1. Launch your web browser and visit the MSN account recovery page and submit all the necessary information, including phone number and username, of the account you wish to recover.
2. You will also have to submit a separate email address, different from the one you are trying to recover, through which Microsoft can send you feedback.
3. When prompted, fill in the characters on the screen as proof that it is not an automated bot then click 'Next'
4. A pop-up screen will appear asking you to verify the contact email address. You will receive an email from Microsoft that will include protection code, enter that code, then choose Verify.
5. Fill in the account recovery form with as much information as possible
6. Click 'Submit' once you are done and Microsoft should email you within 24 hours
You can also choose to receive the codes and link through SMS if you prefer. Be patient until the information is sent.
Forgot your password
To recover your account if you have forgotten your password, follow these steps:
If your MSN account was set up by the cable provider, you can still be able to recover your account through the following procedure:
If any of the above steps do not work, you can call MSN customer service and ask for help. You can find their contact information at GetHuman.
After thousands of MSN customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Recover My Msn Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting MSN if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like MSN in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Recover My Msn Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.