When you're trying to "get your date on" on Match.com, it's important to stay organized. Sometimes you just want to be able to properly delete your "favorites" or your "likes" so that you can figure out exactly who the next love of your life will be in a more efficient manner.
If you'd like to be able to delete your Match.com "favorites" or "likes", you're in the right place! We are going to assist you with that in this guide.
Before we begin, please be sure to have your Match.com login information so that you can access your account.
Do you have your account information? Great! Let's go:
1) The first step when you're looking to clean up your favorites list on Match.com is to simply login to your account on the website. After you've done that, you'll have a lot of options on your "My Account" page.
2) There are multiple ways to remove favorites or likes from your Match.com account. One way is to remove profiles from your search results. This will remove any members from view.
2) To remove profiles from your search results, which also effectively removes them from your likes or favorites list, click the "X" in the corner of their profile on your search results page. Alternatively, you can also go to a specific member's profile page and click "Remove from search." After doing that, that Match.com member will not appear in your search results any longer. They will also not appear in any of your other lists, like your "likes" or "favorites" lists. Finally, it's important to know that the member will not know you have taken any action. This is something that is private and only you will know about it. There is a limit of 10,000 "removed profiles" so you can't remove everyone on Earth, we are sad to report.
3) You can reverse the profile removal that we described in step #2 above by clicking on the "Removed Profiles" link on your account settings page. After doing that, click on the checkbox that's right beside their username. You'll be able to then click the "Show" button at the bottom of the list that appears. They will then appear in the search results again in the future.
4) The next way to delete someone from your favorites list is to blacklist the user in question.
5) To blacklist someone, you'll want to click the three dots on the member's profile or in a message that was sent by that member. When you click the three dots, a drop-down box will appear. Click on the "blacklist" link and then confirm your choice.
6) After you blacklist a member, all communication will be blocked from that member. It will also remove them from your "likes" or "favorites" lists. The member will not receive notification that they have, in fact, been blacklisted. They will still be able to view your profile, but they will not be able to message you.
7) If you need additional assistance from Match.com and you've been frustrated because you can't get a hold of a human on their customer support team, we can help you with that. We've created a page that makes it very easy to do just that. Click here for our Match.com contact page.
After thousands of Match.com customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Delete My Favorites on Match.com? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Match.com if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Match.com in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Delete My Favorites on Match.com? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.